Setup for grandma

stejamand

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Eugene, OR
My grandma's finally receptive to a change in TV providers. I'm thinking DISH for her, I looked at DirecTV and they are cheaper for the first year, but DISH comes out cheaper with the 3-year price lock. I don't know what receiver setup would be best. She has 2 HDTVs and no need for a DVR. I would like to have an antenna set up for sub channels and our local MyTV which is HD OTA, but not on DISH.

My grandma's finally receptive to a change in TV providers. I'm thinking DISH for her, I looked at DirecTV and they are cheaper for the first year, but DISH comes out cheaper with the 3-year price lock. I don't know what receiver setup would be best. She has 2 HDTVs and no need for a DVR. I would like to have an antenna set up for sub channels and our local MyTV which is HD OTA, but not on DISH.
My advice to you based on experience in this department, keep her with what she is familiar with. Leave well enough alone.

That's my thought. Unless there is some ongoing problem change is not her friend. If you switch her, the 211 would be the least expensive way to go in each room.

By the way, does she live over the river and through the woods? :)
Or across the street or the duplex next door?:D

Reactions: dishcomm

everyone needs a DVR

Reactions: CoreyIllini
My advice to you based on experience in this department, keep her with what she is familiar with. Leave well enough alone.
Grandma might not be that old, could just be in her 50s or 60s. Or could be a spry octogenarian. Not all seniors are restistant to change or unable to adapt to something new that is somewhat technical.

Reactions: peggy97850
Grandma might not be that old, could just be in her 50s or 60s. Or could be a spry octogenarian. Not all seniors are restistant to change or unable to adapt to something new that is somewhat technical.
Just sayin' ! The TS might have to deal with all the phone calls!

Reactions: Troch77
Wait until the Wally is out. That might me be a good solution for her.

yes tell her to wait until the wally comes out and she might have to get used to the voice remote that it has with that.

My in-laws (in their 70s) have a DVR and it only gets used when I'm there. They don't even pause or rewind, and there are 2 recordings on the hard drive, recorded by me.

My grandparents went from cable to dish because I had dish .I would get a panic phone call at least once a week saying the tv doesn't work and the wheel is coming on . They would always mess up the remotes . They ended up going back to basics cable.

Reactions: dishcomm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)