Shepherd's Chapel goes digital (and HD) August 1st

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, its Saturday, August 2, 2014. Its 9:10am and Shepards Chapel is caput on both 7.5ft and 10ft...

Don't think its just me.....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

and it looks like they added a roku app but its just the daily 1 hour sermon (the new one). not the 24/7 feed

Just for the record, The Shepherd’s Chapel (G4-16) has left analog. For those that still use the analog signals to point and identify certain satellites, there are still two 24/7 channels.

C4-09 QVC
C3-07 C-SPAN

Reactions: lo-wall
Just for the record, The Shepherd’s Chapel (G4-16) has left analog. For those that still use the analog signals to point and identify certain satellites, there are still two 24/7 channels.

C4-09 QVC
C3-07 C-SPAN

Wow, just two full time analogs left. I bet their days are numbered too.

Will be kinda sad when the last one goes dark. :(

We live in a analog world and everything is going digital, think about it. A kid in school, makes a gun with his finger, They are treated like it's real thing. "digital view". Any way with G4-16, Shepherds chapel I've had a receiver tuned in and on 24-7 piping it into my home cable system since the 90's. I used available commercial receivers to do the job. These junkie FTA receivers just don't like to handle it. I had a Traxis 6100 I bought back in February die last month which was weather related, knocked the receiver, hdmi cable and hdmi port out of the t.v., but all my other receiver using the same LNB's, switches, just purred away. Note all were on the same UPS also. The Traxis receiver gives me a black and white picture trying to use the composite video output to my cable system.

Did a rescan on 99W and I get three channels, 4020 V 15000 8psk 0, (not getting a reliable FEC for some reason). First two channels show HD, the third SD.
Signal is 100%Q so should be receivable on 8' or smaller dishes I would suspect.
Same Shepherds Channel that we watched on analog, not 16X9 but picture quality is just fine.

Not sure on the receiver troubles... I did have a Pansat receiver that got hit badly a few years ago but that hit took out our Bell receiver and several appliances too. All you can do is make sure your cables are grounded at the point of entry etc.

I have two AzBox Ultras and one Micro HD receivers and so far they have given me great service.

My 1k post! :)

Then also put a loose knot in the cables between the receiver and the outside worlds ground block. It's surprising how well that works. [Leave the power cord 'straight'] I did that to quite a few commercial 2 way systems on 300 ft towers that would get knocked down regularly. After the knots, maybe once in a yr or two.

I often made a coil at the bottom of the tower before running the feedline into the building, maybe 3-4 loops and how tight the coil depended on the type of feedline. Would rather have extra feedline than requiring a jumper because someone (usually me) measured wrong. Maybe this helped with lightning too?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts