Should I get my dish tweeked? Signal.

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
I get 72 and 61.5. On a Hopper system. Dish 1000.4. On the Eastern Arch. I think. Zip code 53066 .

72 is about 20 to 26. 61.5 are 52 to 56

Thanks for any input.

Tried 77 on all transponders and there is nothing. I thought that 61.5 was ok based on other threads. Sometimes location is a reason for low signal. Today I waited to post thread. Clear day, off work, same results. I have tried to post as much info as I could think of. IE Sat 72. I have the 8.00 insurance protection plan. I believe it would cost me nothing to have it checked. Just wondered if I should bother. To me it looks low (72). Just looking for some input. I could tweak it my self. But because of how high the Dish is, I will pass. Thanks

If you want to go to the trouble and get good signals that will reduce rain fade, you could go with a two dish solution. I have two 30" Winegard antennas on 61.5 and 72.7 and get in the 70s on both birds. I checked it the other day when we had a torrential downpour and was still getting about 30 on each bird. Of course, I live in the southeast where we have sometimes daily afternoon downpours in the summer, so that's why I have this setup the way it is. Of course you would have to do a project such as this yourself.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My LOS only allows for Dish on the peak of my house. Too many tree's. I had installed myself 2 dish's before the Hopper. Dish 500's one was 119 110, the other was 129. Worked great. But the get my locals in HD I had to switch to the 1000.4 to get it high enough. that was installed at the upgrade. I will try and tweek them and post back. May be a bit. What might be the best transponders to check on each sat. 61.5 and 72?

I am off a few days so I just called Dish to see what it would cost me to have the Dish alinement checked. At first I was told it would cost 175.00 then I huffed and it was 99.00. Then puffed it was 50.00. Then it was free. Very happy for free. :)

I am off a few days so I just called Dish to see what it would cost me to have the Dish alinement checked. At first I was told it would cost 175.00 then I huffed and it was 99.00. Then puffed it was 50.00. Then it was free. Very happy for free. :)
Were you going to blow their house down if they didn't negotiate? :p

Typical Dish just gives away service and people wonder why their bills are so high. Not to really flame anyone but really think about it, if Dish held true to their prices for things and services like so many other companies then we prob wouldn't have as high as bills as we have now.

But glad Op got his problem fixed.

Reactions: ChadT41
Typical Dish just gives away service and people wonder why their bills are so high. Not to really flame anyone but really think about it, if Dish held true to their prices for things and services like so many other companies then we prob wouldn't have as high as bills as we have now.

But glad Op got his problem fixed.
Yeah Dish is really hurting by having somebody come out and fix someone's dish so they can continue to get service reliably. If they charged folks for this Charlie would certainly pass any savings on to us. Think I'll go grab a cry towel after reading this. How many shares of DISH and or SATS do you own by the way?

I have never seen prices lowered because of any of that stuff. Bushiness will take every Pennie if not called on it. Some of the people who have a problem with that may own a small business of the own. They just get sick of people widdeling away there profit margin. I understand but that person sounds like he's standing on a soap box. Should a business owner try to get the best price on inventory? Or just pay what everybody ask's? Just saying.JMO

Yeah Dish is really hurting by having somebody come out and fix someone's dish so they can continue to get service reliably. If they charged folks for this Charlie would certainly pass any savings on to us. Think I'll go grab a cry towel after reading this. How many shares of DISH and or SATS do you own by the way?

I realize I am Hijacking my own thread but If I add a power inverter from my old Dpp44 switch? not the switch just the power gadget wouldd it help?

I realize I am Hijacking my own thread but If I add a power inverter from my old Dpp44 switch? not the switch just the power gadget wouldd it help?
To what end?

The only DC power in the lines is to switch the lnb from even to odd channels, power inserter not needed, may be harmful.

You are not using the switch, correct? If that us the case, the power inserter will not help. The internal switch in the 1000.2 or 1000.4 LNBF is designed to be powered by the receiver(s) only. I would be afraid adding additional power might mess up the LNBF.

Let me put it this way - people call for a issue they are having with Dish, they have the protection plan so they get charged whatever $15 or something for the visit as the plan makes up for the rest over time. Now you start to argue and raise hell, threaten to cancel or "break out that cry towel" cause you can't get your way...boo hoo.. pay the proper fee that was disclosed when you signed up and move on. These fees that they don't recover hurt the back end, Gas in truck to get to customers home isn't cheap....the tech getting paid normally is cause Dish shafts them every way they can. Don't want to jack the thread but just saying - unless you've walked in the shoes of a tech then you have no idea of what goes into a call so the fees should be paid when in reality they really aren't that much for what all a tech has to do.

Let me put it this way - people call for a issue they are having with Dish, they have the protection plan so they get charged whatever $15 or something for the visit as the plan makes up for the rest over time. Now you start to argue and raise hell, threaten to cancel or "break out that cry towel" cause you can't get your way...boo hoo.. pay the proper fee that was disclosed when you signed up and move on. These fees that they don't recover hurt the back end, Gas in truck to get to customers home isn't cheap....the tech getting paid normally is cause Dish shafts them every way they can. Don't want to jack the thread but just saying - unless you've walked in the shoes of a tech then you have no idea of what goes into a call so the fees should be paid when in reality they really aren't that much for what all a tech has to do.
You are entitled to your opinion. When you have an issue with price or service, you are more than welcome to pay full price for it. As for me I am like the OP, and I will haggle for the best deal, that is between me and Dish Network. I owe nothing to them, nor the installer, (I prefer to do my own work so I do not need an installer) if I did though I would definitely haggle for the best deal. Just like when buying a car, I don't jump on the first price I am offered.

August 6 I had a tech out. To check my sat signal. He was supposed to be there between 12 and 5 PM. He got there at 4:45. Did nothing, except told me the tree's were in the way. He showed me which tree's. And was gone by 5. I paid a guy I use for trimming. $75. Made no difference at all. Called back asked for another tech visit. Got a guy who was great 8 to 12 window. He got there at 8:15. By 8:45. My signal was fixed slight dish alignment. (elevation). Now both sats are mid 50's to high 60's. Very happy. Also I am very happy they did not charge for this, or I would have had to pay twice to get it fixed right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts