Showtime Anytime anyone??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
OK, the deal has been in place for quite some time now for the CBS/Showtime stuff, but here we are about a month later and still no access to Showtime Anytime nor Showtime VOD on Dish.

I can understand that the VOD might take some time, but it should be dead simple to add Dish as an eligible provider to have access to Showtime Anytime.

What gives??

And while I'm on the subject of Showtime, when is Showtime Extreme going to be HD on Dish? I want it to be because Showtime does the preliminary boxing bouts on this channel and watching in SD just sucks! Surely with all the new compressions and stuff they are doing there is a little space left to get this in HD.

Frankly, given the price and the increases in the Premiums there just is no excuse whatsoever for all of the channels to be there and to be in HD! :(

Like having the addition of the Smithsonian Channel having access to Showtime Anywhere wont happen until the contract with CBS is finalized and signed.

I was told at CES they hope to have this all done and working within 30 days or so.

Like having the addition of the Smithsonian Channel having access to Showtime Anywhere wont happen until the contract with CBS is finalized and signed.

I was told at CES they hope to have this all done and working within 30 days or so.
Once signed, it shouldn't take any time at all, from a tech standpoint.

SHO will just need to link to Dish's authentication server using SAML. It's basically just a matter of entering some data in a few form fields.

so within the next 30 days it should happen they need to add showtime beyondhd,showtime extremehd,showtime family zonehd,showtime nexthd,showtime womenhd and the movie channel xtrahd.

I agree, I wouldn't think it should take more than a few days after the contract is finalized.

so within the next 30 days it should happen they need to add showtime beyondhd,showtime extremehd,showtime family zonehd,showtime nexthd,showtime womenhd and the movie channel xtrahd.

If it's not in the new contract, they won't be added, that saying, I don't remember what was discussed for future Channels for showtime

I would guess it would fall under the assumed 30 day timeline Scott posted for Smithsonian and Showtime Anywhere 3 days ago

757872.gif

I know it literally just hit 30 days but any new updates on this Scott? Im ready for Showtime Anytime!

Darn it Scott. Would you please get to your office and throw that darn switch so we can all see Showtime Ondemand and the Smithsonian channel. You've been slackin' off long enough!! :biggrin2:biggrin2:biggrin2

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts