Signal loss due to snow on dish

So maybe 2 sets of Dishes with an A/B box? :D

You could have a ground/pole mount set for winter use, and a roof mount for summer. Then just select whichever set you need at the time. :D

YES!!! A winter dish and a summer dish! Outstanding solution!!! LMAO!!!:);):eek:

THANKS!!!

Ed

I don't live in a snowy area, but I still think someone should try graphite paint sometime. It works well enough in grain bins (real experience there) and I don't see why it wouldn't work. The only problem is I don't know where to buy it.

I don't live in a snowy area, but I still think someone should try graphite paint sometime. It works well enough in grain bins (real experience there) and I don't see why it wouldn't work. The only problem is I don't know where to buy it.
I looked into Teflon and Mold Release sprays but the "bag" has been great for me on a 500. But would imagine that the spray that I previously pointed out is designed for this? Sorry the bag only works on 500 dishes, with the vertical peak to the dish, and the trick is when placing the bag on it, making sure the seam of the bag is at the apex of the dish down to the LNB. That way it creates a peak that the snow slides off of. Any other way and the bag will catch the snow.

I actually use heat tape on my 1K.2 here in Denver. It works really well and keeps the dish thawed when the weather turns south. Cost is relatively low. Make sure you don't put it on the face of the dish or move the dish when installing it, but other then that it works pretty well. Mine runs down the arm for the LNBF and circles the backside of the dish once before dropping to an electrical outlet, following the same way the coax does. Looks pretty clean to, and its just enough to warm everything without heating up the LNBF too much itself. I do not suggest installing it when weather is already bad, as the fall hazard is not worth it. Mine is two floors up and I happened to be up there clearing the gutters when I did it. Its worked well for me through some pretty bad winters.

Just installed a 55" LCD at a neighbors that has DTV and they asked about my bag. We talked and I brought up wanting to try "mold release spray", but what I have found is expensive. Well the wife makes soap and has many different kinds of inexpensive mold release sprays, several which claim industrial properties, of which I am dying to try. Unfortunately, we're in a drought here in Denver and have had no snow that would allow us to test. Had to water the lawn the other day and waited for later in the day so when I blew out the system I could make my own snow. It worked great.

Anyway, I have sprayed one brand on my dish and another on theirs. We'll have to see what happens. Sure would like to not to have my yearly "Bagging of the dish" ceremony. There's many other reasons for cocktails.

Rain-X (for your car windshield) also works...it might be less messy than cooking spray or WD-40.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)