Signal Strength problem

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
The problem started on Tuesday, recordings were extremely pixelated or lost completely. There was rain at night for a few straight days and when I checked, the signal strength was close to 20.Sestup is EA dish, 1 line to 622, 2nd line to 722, 622 has average ss above 50 while 722 is just above 30. Today, with clear skies, I tried adjusting the dish to no avail. Switched both coax lines to the other receiver, problem stayed with 722, connect line to input 1 without the separator, no change in ss. Ran check swith shows three seats as ok, order 77, 72, 61.5 devise 1K. 4 reception verified on both tuners, details show even and odd on all 3 sats and on bother tuners, and I also rebooted the 722, no change. What am I missing?

Mine did exactly this & proved out to be the LNB had failed due to water intrusion - tech replaced & problem gone. FWIW, the LNB covers were so deteriorated they crumbled with a light touch.

If just one receiver affected, very possibly can have a bad cable, or connector, diplexer, a series of things really.

If you swap the 722 to where the 622 is, does the signal on the 722 go up? Only take the receiver and none of the cables that are attached to it.

Quick question, was this at the 622 location with the 622 seperate and diplexor/triplexer(there was no easy way to write that)

Yes, bad receiver. We've replaced a couple with the same symptoms in the past.

Best bet would be to contact DIRT.

If all parts that go to the 622 got moved to 722 and the issue remained on the 722, then yes, time for an RA

Interesting, I am having the same issue with my 722 ... signal strength very low on some (pixelation etc.) and below 30 on the best channels. But on the upstairs 211 these channels are right around 50. I'll try moving the 211 downstairs, if it works fine there then I guess time for new 722K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)