simply baffled

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Summit high

Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
utah
I am using a 18"DISH and a dual lnb on a tripod for my travel trailer when we go camping and what not. ..so it's new years day at have my tt at my son's house celebrating...and I trip on the cable going to the dish and knock it over...up until that point I had signal and was watching TV inside....I tried for 2 hours to get a signal again to no avail . So I thought I must have ruined my lnb. So, I purchased two new lnb,s recently getting the spring fever bug to go camping and be ready to do so and tried both of them in both different spots with two different rg6 cables and I still can't get a signal...at all???? I don't get it...I've set this thing up several dozen times and usually have a signal within a few minutes. ....I've don't see any damage per say to my dish???? I sure could use some suggestions

:welcome to Satelliteguys Summit high!
You may have bent the dish enough to affect the signals, also the arm may have been knocked out of alignment. Is the arm loose at all? Since you already got a new lnb, I'm guessing a new dish is in your future. Also, check the mast to be sure it is still plumb.

I thought that may be the problem...the arm is not loose . Thank you for the response! Looks like a new dish is in future. Thanks again!

I'm kinda in the same boat. A year ago, the dish while in Texas got blown over, haven't had typical signals since, mainly in the low 60s since then is the best I can get.
I brought a new LNB with me, changed but didn't help, I'll be replacing the dish before next year.

if you have a ladder and a wrench you could probably roll around an old neighborhood and ask someone if they are still using theirs. you take it down and they don't have to see it lol.

The 18" antennas may as well be made of paper. Any type of concussion blow and they are toast.

Ok so....I get a whole new set up.... signal meter...cables...dish...stand...and my h24 reciever says that I have no signal.....I hook up one of my old D10 receivers and it picks up the signal right off the bat... downloads the guide info and goes straight to what it was on last time it was on (nickloden) and says the card has been deactivated. So then I take the h24 in the house and put it in place of another reciever and it picks up a signal..... (running a slimline dish with a sl3 lnb on the house).....what gives ??? I tried putting the h 24 on set up mode back outside on the brand new 18" dual lnb set up with the settings being a 18" dish and multiswitch and it won't find a signal ????

Last edited:
Oh ya I also think it might be useful info....when I had my h24 hooked to the house ( slimline ) I noticed it only had signal on the odd ones and no signal at all on transponder 26? ..I think it is probably a problem with the reciever? What you guys think? Oh ya one more bit of info....I couldn't get signal on my in line Meter (right at the dish analog) with the h24 right at the dish...but I found a signal on the in line meter when I had it hooked to the D10 reciever. ..?

the H24 does not get signal on the 101, 26th transponder on the slimline? check another box on the slimline and see if that particular transponder is zero, might be a local for another area.

Ok. The slimline dish and it's four reciever hooked to it are working fine. The problem I am having is with the h 24 reciever and the 18" dish on a tripod. ... and my H 24 -200 in my bedroom has 100% on the 26th transponder on the slimline...that's incidental though....I'm trying to figure out if I'm having a setting issue or my reciever is bad on the H24 (100) which is what I am suspecting.

i was asking because if one box see's 0 where another sees 95, theres a problem with the 0 box's cable, or the box itself. it sounds like it IS the box to me too.

Ya the box that is normally in the front room... ( the connection to the slimline I tried ) shows in the 90,s on the odd and even transponders.. where as the suspect box is only getting odd.....even shows 0

I have already hooked a old D10 reciever to the 18" dish....got signal right off and came up with" activation up" message so I know the cables ,dish, lnb ,and pointing are all ok on the 18 dish. I'm very confident any other authorized receiver will work fine

I have always used this receiver on my 18" dish until the night I tripped on the cord and ruined my lnb...then that night I tried to hook to my son's dish on his house just after the multiswitch outside not knowing that I had to hook up after a power Inserter ...that I'm sure was in his house... that night I changed my dish settings to a slimline w/swm lnb and never got it to work ..... since then I have tried literally 25 times to get the reciever to go to a 18" dish with multiswitch lnb. Everytime I go to that screen.its already on 18" and swm...before I change it... after i change it i can't get it pick up a signal it goes to 771 satellite signal not detected

I think the issue is that SWM does not send power to the lnb, but it won't change to legacy unless it detects a signal.

You almost need to take it to a dealer like myself who has several feeds on the bench to get it to switch back to legacy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)