SiriusXM/Audiovox Booth

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
So these are from my visit to the Audiovox booth where SiriusXM is setup since they are their current manufacturing partner. (Dephi had a booth setup outside in the Central Plaza that had the myfi logo plastered all over it, but nothing on the inside had anything to do with SiriusXM). So they pretty much had the Lynx set up on one display, some examples of Internet streaming devices set up on another, and then an assortment of standard radios and head units that were still just 1.0. What was there that I don't remember hearing about before is their solution for bringing their terrestrial satellite radio signal into and around a home using the wiring from your satellite TV installation. They had a outdoor antenna and splicing solutions.

I spent some time talking with Mike Roberts their VP of Retail Distribution. Who I think was impressed/relieved that I was actually someone excited about his service and not someone he needed to market too. He was surprised when I told him that I had already bought a Lynx from Crutchfield and it had actually shipped right before I left for CES. He said they had sent Crutchfield 100 units right before in the new year just because they had promised that the until would ship at the end of the year to them. He wanted to know my thoughts on it which I will post in a couple days after I have more time with it. (But so far so good!) I also met the owner of tssradio and digitalradiocentral.com/forum

Audiovox also had some OEM setup compatible car head units. They had a whole bunch of different plastic molding to match different cars of different years. (Nothing for my Subaru unfortunately.)

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    790.3 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    780.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    730.6 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    816.4 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    470.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    615.6 KB · Views: 293
Thanks for the report. :) My Lynx was here at home when I got home, I posted pictures of the Unboxing and my first thoughts on it in the Satellite Radio forum.

It was good meeting you in Las Vegas, sorry we didn't have more time to spend with you to talk! You can see first hand what a ZOO that show is to cover! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts