Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads when you become a member of SatelliteGuys Today! Membership is fast and FREE! CLICK HERE to sign up now!

Sirrius s50 repairs

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Satellite Radio' started by kattug, Apr 8, 2006.

1. kattug

kattug Thread Starter New Member

I received an S50 for Xmas as a gift. Unfortunately had an accident and it does not work correctly since. How long is the s50 covered under Sirrius's warranty, if at all?

Would love anybodys help!!
    Thanks

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. minorthr

minorthr Supporting Founder Supporting Founder

From what I can tell its got a 1 year warranty. Usually youll need the receipt for warranty work but since that unit hasn't even been out for a year you might not need it. Also what is wrong with it? You said you had an accident and now it doesnt work. Stuff such as a broken screen wouldnt be covered under the warranty.

3. kattug

kattug Thread Starter New Member

Hi, Sorry to be so naive or ignorant!! I had a car accident and it works for about 30 seconds and then crunches out, like it is shorting out. I know it had gotten damp, so I was hoping it would dry out, but not so lucky. If someone came upon this post by accident, they might get the wrong idea,
    But,seriously, do I return it to where it was purchased, or ship it back to Sirrius.
    I have looked all over Sirrius's site, but have found no info for warranties.

Sorry, I am a rookie and Damn proud of it!!!

4. minorthr

minorthr Supporting Founder Supporting Founder

Since its a sirius branded unit I would give their customer service a call and see if maybe then can point you in the right direction.