SJ and joeys freeze up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

300mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
I have been a couple issues with my hopper system. Perhaps someone has some thoughts.

My system has been installed for almost 5 weeks for the past 2 to 3 weeks I have been experiencing a black frozen screen on live TV on either the sj or one of the joeys about once per day. see pic below. A dish sub contractor was out on Friday and left after he couldn't duplicate his boss called back and sent a different tech out later that day. The new tech actually saw the issue on the sj and ended up replacing the hopper and then replaced the sj. one hour after he left it happened again. Any ideas. We have confirmed all connections are tight even behind wall plates. Wire to hopper have been verified to be tested to 3ghz and wire to goes are rg6 1ghz. Still need to verify if wire to sj is rg6 1ghz or 3ghz, any other ideas I would love to get this rectified.

uploadfromtaptalk1411437703498.jpg

Second minor issue is the caller id only works on the hopper. This pisses me off because half the people from dish will tell you it's only available on the hopper and not available. One advance tech supposedly put a ticket into engineering but when I was talking to then this weekend there was no record of ticket being submitted. Another ticket was supposedly submitted on friday.

Node to hopper about 25 feet, node to joeys approximately 65 feet and node to sj approximately 80 feet. Any issues with these lengths.

I have had to re-run check switches when I see black screens on my super joey . Sometimes I see the tuners all there except my two super joey tuners are grayed out or doing a guide update , each. I end up doing a super joey reboot then run another check switch run on the hopper and it brings them all back. I had to do this when I had a bad storm one day and when I installed my new hopper with sling last Thursday night.

Where is the integrator in this setup? I would try moving the components to be more evenly spaced out along the lines to see if that helps.

I would also check the Broadband menu and make sure you don't have multiple IP connections . Based off your description, I'm leaning more towards the install, components, and distances.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Usually the fix for me a reset of the hopper, resetting of the sj usually will the fix the black screen. I should have looked to see what the tuners are doing. I have looked at the whole home screen it has always showed still connected to the hopper with good check. Next time it happens I look at the tuners and see if check switch fixes without doing a reset of the hopper. Does anyone think it could be a issue with node or intergrator? It the sj only has rg6 1ghz going to it could this be the cause?

Where is the integrator in this setup? I would try moving the components to be more evenly spaced out along the lines to see if that helps.

I would also check the Broadband menu and make sure you don't have multiple IP connections . Based off your description, I'm leaning more towards the install, components, and distances.

The node , intergrator and splitter are installed all next to each other. All the wires from the sj and joeys home run to this location. Is there a maximum length or any general guidelines to follow. For what's it worth the install was done by dish.

I believe the system was designed to work regardless of the placement of components, but others have reported similar things and I recall the component placement being the issue on those I read.

The cabling limit is 200 ft I believe.

Could you be more specific for someone still getting his feet wet on the hopper. Would we be try to give speration between the node and intergrator or move the node and /or intergrator closer to the hopper or joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts