Skyway USA Internet (off the air for how long?)

Discussion in 'The Broadband Forum' started by mikekohl, Nov 16, 2011.

1. mikekohl

mikekohl Thread Starter Supporting Founder
    Supporting Founder

Does anyone know exactly what is going on at Skyway USA?
    Almost a week ago, their satellite service went out on 105 West, and all customers are told to change their computer for "dialup only" mode of access. Their website at Satellite Internet Service Provider | SkyWay USA | $39.95/mo.
    claims that their technicians are working on the problem, but nobody has updated the website,
    telephones are not being answered, nor have any Email requests been returned. Helluva way to
    run a business....it's getting awfully close to winter, and I am going to be very upset if I have to change providers on short notice.

2. grohgreg

grohgreg Active SatelliteGuys Member

3. PTN

PTN New Member

Mike - I do apologize for this. Please call me at 859-721-0263. I am working with SkyWay moving fwd and maybe able to answer some of your questions.

Sincerly

Philip Newman

4. toddhawk

toddhawk Member

Hi Philip. I'm also a Skyway USA subscriber. Am incredibly frustrated with Skyway USAs approach to this. They remind me of DiscoverCards "USA Prime Credit" commercials with Peggy but at least there SOMEONE answers the phone. I'm completely at a loss as to what to do. I paid handsomely for this equipment 9 months a go and it looks like I made a bad choice (more like idiotically incompetent choice) but at the time, both Hughes and Blue said they were "full" in my area and this was all I could do. What are my options? Just curious. Thanks
    Todd Wenndt

5. Stargazer

Stargazer Supporting Founder
    Supporting Founder

This provider has been kinda sketchy all along from what I have heard and what I seen in person what a subscriber went through. They tried to get me to install and sell their service but were not that acomodating requiring me to purchase several at once. They just had too many issues then they raised their prices to $39.99 which did not make them that competitive against WildBlue and HughesNet. I figured the end was near when they jacked the prices up. The only good thing I could see with their system is that the customer could install it their self and the hardware was cheaper saving money upfront and a little bit each month.

VigLink badge
Sucuri