Sling Introduces Two New Add On Packs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Sling TV introduces two new add-on packs each priced at $5 per month:

· “Lifestyle Extra” includes truTV, Cooking Channel, DIY and WE tv, with FYI and LMN coming soon. With the addition of truTV, Sling TV now gives you additional access to March Madness games. See our blog here and pasted below.

· “World News Extra” features Bloomberg TV, HLN, Euro News, France 24, NDTV 24/7, News 18 and Russia Today. Together, these two new add-on packs replace Sling TV’s originally offered “News & Info Extra” pack that previously offered Cooking Channel, DIY, Bloomberg TV and HLN. Effective immediately, Sling TV’s “News & Info Extra” is no longer available for purchase. Sling TV plans to provide existing “News & Info Extra” subscribers with both the “Lifestyle Extra” and “World News Extra” for a total of $5 per month.

I would like to see Sling add the following channels, NHK (Japan), Arirang (Korean), KBS World (Korean), and Ebru. Once that is done I will be able decommission my satellite equipment.

What amazes me is that Sling isn't going after programming from the UK or from Canada. For example BBC, 4E, CBC, City, CTV, and Global just to name a few that I enjoy watching.

I would like to see Sling add the following channels, NHK (Japan), Arirang (Korean), KBS World (Korean), and Ebru. Once that is done I will be able decommission my satellite equipment.
I believe they offer those through their DISH World Service which will be combined with the Sling TV service later this year.

I wonder if maybe Sling World could offer the "TV Japan" channel that has a lot of non-news programming not shown on the free "NHK World". On the other hand, as Dramafever, Crunchyroll, etc. expand, perhaps they will eliminate the need for a linear channel other than news.

Ever since Dish has owned Sling, this has been the image that came to mind whenever I hear the word.

3013622811_poo_xlarge.jpeg

I believe they offer those through their DISH World Service which will be combined with the Sling TV service later this year.

On the Sling sign-up/free trial page on the Roku, there's an option on the bottom for "international" (free 48 hour trial). There were a few hundred channels IIRC from different regions.

I looked and there's 14 English channels on Dishworld. Baby Tv, Bloomberg, Blue Ocean, Ebru, EuroChannel, Euro News, Fashion Tv, France 24, Luxe Tv, NDTV, News 18, Russia Today, Trace Urban, and Zoom. Most of them are on Sling already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)