Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads when you become a member of SatelliteGuys Today! Membership is fast and FREE! CLICK HERE to sign up now!

Snow and DIRECTV

Discussion in 'The DIRECTV Forum' started by chewy, Jan 2, 2005.

1. chewy

chewy Thread Starter Member

Everytime it snows I loose signal and have to go out and brush the snow off. Anyone know of a remedey for this annoying problem?

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. Enforcer

Enforcer Member

I have heard by spraying WD40 on the dish it prevents the snow from sticking. I have also heard using "Pam" but in recent posts, its not recommended due to attracting bugs during the summer months. Anyone else out there have any other ideas?

3. PSB

PSB On vacation

STOP PRESS............. I just got a tip for Ice and Snow but I have not got round to trying it yet. Cut an onion in half and rub it gently all over the dish reflector, seemingly the sulfuric compounds coat the "dish" and prevents ice and snow from sticking, use the other half for your car windshields same deal stops the ice from forming : )

4. mattb

mattb Supporting Founder Supporting Founder

Ohh and will make anything that comes near your dish and tries to tamper with it eyes water :)

5. jimpats

jimpats New Member

use Tobacco

I have used tobacco leaves on my windshields for preventing water to stick to my wndshields. I guess that may be worth trying on the dish also :)

6. ShadowEKU

ShadowEKU Expert in the Making Supporting Founder

and in the summer you cant find that horrible smell

7. NVBlue

NVBlue Member

The loosely tied garbage bag works the best. We just had over 7 feet in the Sierras this weekend and signal did not go out at all. The key is to loosely tie the bag so that air gets in the opening and blows the snow off.

8. mini1

mini1 Active SatelliteGuys Member

Put a simple to install dish heater. If you want the dish to look regular and proform well in all weather then install a self-sticking heating element. Find some over at www.skyvision.com . They work very well, and don't detract from the appearence of the dish.