Some Channels Have Bad Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
On ID Channel, Discovery Channel and a few others, the logo on the bottom right is looking all jagged and also if there is letters anywhere else on the screen it also looks jagged. The CC looks normal.
Also the picture itself looks a little blurry as well. Anybody else seeing this?

you sure you are on hd? proper cable from stb to tv, proper setting on the receiver, proper service, etc? what input is your tv on?

Remember Closed Captions (CC) are generated in your set and transmitted as text not picture.
SCA was asking you to check your set's resolution setting and signal source and its mode.
-Ken

Ralfyguy has been around a while and knows the settings. Those channels look fine on my 722 and 211's.

Is it appearing on the tv's OTA tuner too? Have you tried changing the satellite to a different input to see if the problem is replicated?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Settings is set to 1080i. Right now I'm watching the news on KJRH and everything is sharp as can be. It is only on certain channels. It is not appearing on the OTA tuner. The ID channel is the worst. I mean like on a commercial when there is words displayed, they have jagged edges and lines through them. And so does the channel logo. It is like it used to be on my old 720p TV and had the receiver set to 1080i. But then everything was like that, even the menus.
I currently cannot use a different input, I got rid of the component cables and run HDMI only. This is really weird that it is only on certain channels.
TLC and DISC do it also.

Satguys reader app keeps crashing and deleting my post.

I was gonna say tv if it was replicated on another input. I just checked those 3 and kjrh along with other locals and random sat channels on mine and they are all fine. I let ID and Discovery play thru some commercials too.
Personally I would say order a replacement receiver.

Thanks for the help OSU. I just find it strange that it is only on those few channels. Let's say I switch to 166 and that one is razor sharp for example. I also noticed that when you punch in the digits, the channel changes instantly all the sudden. Before that, you either had to wait or hit select to speed it up. Strange things going on.

Channels that start with a 1, 2 or 3 will change instantly since they are always three digits while others delay because they can be 1 - 4 digits. Some channels have terrible quality at times but that's what the provider sends to Dish.

OK, I checked the 622 in the boy's room that is connected to the TV via component and it is the same thing in the same channels...

I noticed the same last night on Destination America (actually a recording from DA). The image looked good, but the Channel Logo in the bottom right of the screen was jagged, rather than smooth lines.

Everything is set to 1080i, and connected with HDMI over Cat 5.

I'm on WA and I have it on DA now, and everything looks good. Hopper, with sharp 60", through Yamaha AVR all hdmi. Everything looks great including the logo. Maybe it's the show that's on. But that wouldn't explain the logo. All other channels suggested came back looking fantastic.

Just got home and turned on DA. Looks fine to me as well. But ID, DISC, TLC, OWN, SCI are the only ones doing that. I tested all the other HD channels are they are razor sharp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)