Sons of Anarchy News

As Sons of Anarchy approaches its final two seasons, creator Kurt Sutter is considering ways to continue the mythology after the series ends.
Sutter says he has had talks with FX about doing a Sons prequel that would look at the creation of the Sons of Anarchy motorcycle club in the 1960s.

Source & More: usatoday.com

As Sons of Anarchy approaches its final two seasons, creator Kurt Sutter is considering ways to continue the mythology after the series ends.
Sutter says he has had talks with FX about doing a Sons prequel that would look at the creation of the Sons of Anarchy motorcycle club in the 1960s.

Source & More: usatoday.com

That would be great, though they would certainly have to recast Clay and Gemma with younger actors, which would be tough to do and sell to the audience.

Niko Nicotera & David Labrava Upped To Regular On ‘Sons Of Anarchy’

Nicotera has recurred for the past two seasons on the Kurt Sutter-created biker drama as SAMCRO member Ratboy Skogstrom. Real-life Hells Angels member Labrava plays Happy, who in Season 6 became Sergeant-at-Arms for the mother chapter of the club.

deadline.com

Marilyn Manson Joins 'Sons of Anarchy' to Make His Father Proud

Marilyn Manson has joined the cast of FX's "Sons of Anarchy" in a recurring role. The shock-rocker will play a white supremacist named Ron Tully in the show's upcoming seventh season, set to begin in September, it was announced on Thursday.
"Sons," about a rogue motorcycle gang from California, premiered in 2008 and stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal and Ron Perlman, among others. Manson (real name Brian Warner) was determined to get on the show because he wanted to make his dad, Hugh, proud.

"Sons has been such a big part of my life, as well as my father's," Manson said in a press release. "So I was determined to make him proud by being involved in what will probably be remembered as the most amazing piece of television cinema. After all, the very heart of SOA is about that relationship. So, now all I need is a motorcycle."

billboard.com

‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Season 7 Premiere Date: Teaser Trailer Released Ahead Of Final Season On September 3rd [VIDEO]

The Last Trailer Before The Start Of "Sons of Anarchy" Season 7 Has Been Released
Sons of Anarchy Season 7 Trailer - Hell Awaits [HD] First Teaser
By AJ on July 15, 2014 4:20 PM EDT 0 Comments

20096.jpg

Credit: FX "Sons of Anarchy"
"Sons of Anarchy" season 7 premiere date is Sept. 3, as the popular FX series begins its final season. When we return to the show we will find that things probably haven't been going well for SAMCRO and Jax. Warning: Huge "Sons of Anarchy" season 6 spoilers, don't read ahead if you haven' watched the previous seasons. "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 will pick up following a series of dramatic deaths in season 6. We saw Clay finally meet his end at the hands of Jax, while Tara took a fork to the neck from Gemma. It's the latter death that will end up having the biggest repercussions in "Sons of Anarchy" season 7.

The recently released "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 teaser trailer, gives us some idea of what to expect when the show premieres on Sept. 3. The teaser trailer is titled "Hell Awaits" and features Jax riding his motorcycle on a dark highway. As the shadows pass over his face we see his face replaced with the skull of the Reaper. Based off what we can see in the teaser, the Reaper and Jax are going to become one and the same. It's not clear if the imagery means that Jax is going to be the one to die or if he's going to kill a large amount of people. Probably a combination of both, show creator Kurt Sutter has already made it clear that this last season will be bloody. Take a look at the teaser yourself:

There's plenty of reason to expect bloodshed when the "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 premiere date rolls around. With Tara dead, the moral anchor Jax has always had is gone. Tara acted as a foil to Jax, guiding him and pushing him to do what was best for their family and children, even if it conflicted with Jax's loyalty to the club. Now that Gemma has killed Jax under the mistaken impression that she convinced him to turn himself in, Jax is adrift. Jax doesn't currently know that it was Gemma who killed Tara, Sheriff Roosevelt was there but Juice shot him dead and took Gemma away, hiding the murder weapon. The last scene was saw was a weeping Jax holding Tara while Sheriff Roosevelt lay dead when D.A. Paterson walked in. D.A. Pattersn almost immediately seems to think that Jax was the one who shot Sheriff Roosevelt dead (he had a gun in his hand after all) and murdered Tara. A Jax with no moral tethering can be an extremely dangerous person and that's exactly what we're going to see in "Sons of Anarchy" season 7:

It seemed as though this could have been the end of the series, emotionally...
KURT SUTTER | Obviously, it's a major shift in the mythology. I knew, ultimately, where I wanted to take Jax in [the] final season... I wanted to remove his 'True North,' because I feel like there needs to be this major psychic and emotional shift that has to happen. What direction it will push him in we will see next season. But what happens to a guy like that now that he's lost both of the people he loves the most, who were able to be his moral compass, with Opie and now Tara. It really is Jax completely untethered and on his own in the final season.

That means when the "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 premiere begins we will probably see Jax in prison. The deal that D.A. Patterson made with Jax and Tara is gone, Tara is dead and so is the Sheriff of Charming. D.A. Patterson basically has a disaster on her hands and she has plenty that she can charge Jax with at this point. Jax has confessed to more than enough and now D.A. Patterson has found him in the house of his dead wife with a gun in his hand and a dead cop lying across from him. Even if the blood is old and there's no gunpowder residue on his hand, there's likely still enough to send Jax away. Since Roosevelt the crime scene was cleaned up by Juice to remove Gemma's involvement, it will merely look like Jax tried to cover up the crime.

So the only way Jax won't end up in prison is if Gemma or Juice comes clean. That's not looking too likely in "Sons of Anarchy" season 7. The relationship between Jax and Juice has deteriorated significantly and Juice isn't acting in Jax's interest anymore. Gemma may also love her son and may not want to see him in prison, but what Gemma fears more than anything else is losing the love of her son and not being able to see her grandchildren again. She would probably rather have a Jax in prison who loves her and custody of her grandchildren than a Jax out of prison who hates her and doesn't allow her to see her grandkids. That would be a fate worse than death for Gemma because without Jax or her grandchildren she has no one and nothing to live for. The much seemed apparent from an interview with Kurt Sutter and Katey Sagal:

The "Team Gemma" response online always seems to be overwhelming. Do you think that might shift now, Katey?
SAGAL |
I haven't paid a lot of attention... I know that's there; I'm not worried about it. [Laughs] I have had a few moments where I knew everyone would hate Gemma now... But, ultimately, in that moment she's not really thinking anything except her base instinct, which is that she's a violent woman and that is the way she's lived her life for many many years. And I think she has enormous remorse when she realizes the truth of the matter.
SUTTER | I think Team Sadness will win. [Laughs]

On top of everything going on with Jax, the "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 premieres will also have to grapple with the fact that SAMCRO is facing a war against the Mayans, Chinese and the ByzLats. On the opposing side are SAMCRO, August Marks and the Fourty-Niners. The position of the club is weaker than ever before even with the alliance they have with August Marks. Now that Nero has switched sides and taken the ByzLats with him SAMCRO is undermined. Their relationship with other potential allies like the Irish Kings is also strained and the organization isn't what it used to be anyway. It's possible that in this final season of "Sons of Anarchy" we might see SAMCRO's destruction and Jax's death. We will have to find out what happens when the Sept. 3 premiere date rolls around, but it's probably going to involve a pile of corpses. As Kurt Sutter said, "You know, here's how I describe all this: It's a heavy world, it's a dark world but as heavy and violent as it is, I like to think that ultimately there is some sense of hope. So that it's sad and heavy, but there is always some sense of hope. Will it be a happy ending? No, but I do think that there will be something hopeful about the way it ends"

Check out our other "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 news here:

'Sons Of Anarchy' Season 7 Release Date: Don't Worry, Charlie Hunnam Isn't Dead And Premiere Still On Track For September [REPORT]

"Sons of Anarchy" Season 7 Spoilers: Will Jax Get Back Together With Wendy As Drea De Matteo Is Promoted To Series Regular? [REPORT]

'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Spoilers: How Will Jax React When He Learns What Gemma Did To Tara? [REPORT]

'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Premiere Date: With Series Returning In Fall 2014, Will Jax Go To Prison For A Murder He Didn't Commit? [SPOILERS]
imo This looks good and may be the best season but I am not getting my hopes up!! :)

Looking forward to the final season! I'm going to let them pile up and then binge watch right before the finale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)