Sony Movie Channel on 386

Just called Dish because I have not gotten the Sony channel yet. I reset my guide and still did not see the channel. I have the platinum channels but CSR did not know anything about the Sony Movie Channel. Will call again and see what another CSR has to say. Will re-post any new information. (update) Just talked to a CSR again and they say SMC is an INDIE package channel!!!!! I told them about the this forum and that people where watching the channel as I spoke and were talking about the logo in the corner and had posted pictures of the channel.....any suggestion on how to wake them up at the CSR centers? Dumping platinum and getting netflex is starting to look better all the time.

Did you block or lock any of your channels?

Sony didn't show up on our list either, and when I checked the blocked / locked channels, it appears as if 386 was previously an SD channel duplicate of an HD channel. Because I block / lock all duplicate SD channels when an HD channel is available, this was still blocked.

I simply unblocked the previously blocked channel listing and we suddenly had SONY, in HD, with a great looking picture and no sound synchronization problems.

Did you block or lock any of your channels?

Sony didn't show up on our list either, and when I checked the blocked / locked channels, it appears as if 386 was previously an SD channel duplicate of an HD channel. Because I block / lock all duplicate SD channels when an HD channel is available, this was still blocked.

I simply unblocked the previously blocked channel listing and we suddenly had SONY, in HD, with a great looking picture and no sound synchronization problems.

That did it I now have the channel:p:p:eek:

Thanks for the help I love this forum:up:up:p

Anything worth watching?

I went trough the guide and didn't see anything too exciting. Is there anything on this channel I should be DVRing?

This is from DISH...

Great news for movie fans! DISH Network has launched the​
“Sony Movie Channel” into the HD Platinum programming package at no additional charge.

“Sony Movie Channel”​
is the destination for Sony’s biggest blockbuster hits and most iconic films. A channel specially created for the Hollywood movie fan in all of us, “Sony Movie Channel” offers uncut, theatrical releases in stunning high definition, including all of the best titles from Sony’s vast film library. Award winners, cult Favorites, family comedies, and gripping dramas – all the movies you love, now all in one place.

This channel sucks so far. They were showing German movies last night - dubbed in English. No subtitles to be found.

If you're talking about Das Boot, I've seen it both ways and the dubbed version is better because you can concentrate more on the visuals.

HD Absolute has the new channel, too!

BINGO:D So far hasn't been that much on it that I care for but that's just I've seen most of them. Sure wish I had some type program to get rid of that awful bug. It's one of the worst ever. Upper right corner and not transparent. In broadcast TV that could get you fined (or at least it used to be). You will notice that the national nets have theirs transparent. Like CBS eye it's there but you can see thru it.

Just for kicks and grins I added them as a like on Facebook... They wanted to know what people thought of their channel and I quickly replied that I really liked the movies, but that stinking bug had to go... Got a response through my email on Facebook and that was one of the biggest complaints everybody had that once people realize that it is a movie channel that the bug will disappear... I am not holding my breath, but anything is possible... CC

If you're talking about Das Boot, I've seen it both ways and the dubbed version is better because you can concentrate more on the visuals.
Das Boot had subtitles when I peaked at it, recorded it. I've got both versions of the film. The subtitles sometimes have subtle differences from the dubbed version.

The Professional looked and sounded quite nice. It is good to have another "all movie" movie channel in HD. Granted, Dish Network is the devil and all ;), but they have a growing gap of exclusive HD movie channels. I'd trade FX for SMC!

Just for kicks and grins I added them as a like on Facebook... They wanted to know what people thought of their channel and I quickly replied that I really liked the movies, but that stinking bug had to go... Got a response through my email on Facebook and that was one of the biggest complaints everybody had that once people realize that it is a movie channel that the bug will disappear... I am not holding my breath, but anything is possible... CC

I had a similar response from an email I sent them about the logo...

Dear viewer,
We hear you on the logo and we are discussing other options.

Well, it appears they weren't just blowing smoke. The logo is still there, but they've made it transparent, a nice improvement over the metallic shine of the first one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)