Sony press conference

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
I must apologise for racing thru these posts with mispelling and grammar issues but time is super compressed and I'm using my new AcerOne netbook with 89% keyboard. It's a FANTASTIC netbook with XP, 1 gig RAM, 120 GIG HDD and Intel Atom processor, but I'm beat and doing this late.

Sony introduced several new LCD TV's with up to 240 HZ scanning, new SXRD projectors, and new Blu-Ray players to name a few. It's 3:20AM so if you have any questions ask and I'll respond.

DD

I have a question.

Sony discontinued the DVP-CX777ES 400 mega dvd changer. There are hopes that Sony will announce a replacement model or a Blue-Ray mega changer. The DVPCX777ES was the only DVD changer with a RS232C jack and integration with Control4 Media Controllers.

Without a replacement, there is a very limited supply of Sony's DVP-CX777ES and remaining stock is reserved for Control4 Dealers (although a few can still be found online with jacked up prices).

Is Sony offering any kind of replacement for the DVP-CX777ES?

They are working on a 400 disc BD changer that will have rs-232 but it will not be available until next year.

Cool!

You mean Blue Ray? Sony had a prototype for a 200 dish Blue-Ray, but I did not think they were actually going to produce one. That would be far better than the current 777.

Another Sony question....

I heard that Sony has announced some kind of Home Automation system that will compete directly with Control4. I'm assuming this is for video/audio distribution, but could include climate, window, security, lighting, etc.

Any word on this?

The 400 disc Blu-ray changer is in prototype mode for release next summer. I'll check on the home control stuff, everybody and all their relatives are touting home control this year.

I'm waiting since spring to replace my old well 5yo sony big cabinet 65” HD1080/TV such as works great, to THE 70”XBR7..

Cant wait to get my hand on that TV hope is not more then $6000 or forget it, definitely looking to buy it around XMAS to get the lowest price! I bet that TV IS AWSOME!! Sony TVs and only I BUY!

i do have all sony's 42"1080LCD,60"lcd1080p and that 108065" now i want that 70" for sure if the price is right!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)