Sony PS3 sales dissapointing

Nah, Im not even looking at it that way.

Its done.

Now dont get me wrong, if Universal and Paramount go neutral, sure HDDVD has a place.

But do you really think anyone will care? Blu-ray will have consolidated all major studios along with moving retailers in their direction.

"game over man, game over!"

I own a HD DVD player and even I can't talk myself into HD DVD winning the war. It's really over. Blu-ray is on the winning road....no ace in sight for HD DvD.

The more the market grows the more new J6P's will comprise the market. They will buy the cheaper players. Heck they just paid twice as much money for a 42" HDTV model than they have ever paid for a TV in their lifetimes. I don't see them dropping 5 to 7 bills on a bluray player.

My feeling is that since Warner said that more BD devices were sold during December than HD devices that was the way to go. So whether one counts PS3s in or out in the accounting (I have always said count them out, xbox 360 also) and there are a dearth of games for the PS3 then it has been rendered basically a BD player. So should it not be a bust out great gaming machine does that mean that they will only build just players?
I also find it to be very unfair to Sony's allies that they knew all along that they should've included all the guts in their standalone players as in the PS3 because that was the only way it could've been upgraded.

They are being outsold 3:1 by the 360.

- DVDtown.com

Not technically correct.

They 'have been' outsold 3:1 would be an accurate statement. 3:1 is the total overall number since launch, and of course the 360 had a bit of a head start.

They 'are being' outsold 3:1 is not correct. Using the numbers in the article (sorry, blog) you quoted, it would be correct to say that they 'are being' outsold approximately 1.6:1.

Not technically correct.

They 'have been' outsold 3:1 would be an accurate statement. 3:1 is the total overall number since launch, and of course the 360 had a bit of a head start.

They 'are being' outsold 3:1 is not correct. Using the numbers in the article (sorry, blog) you quoted, it would be correct to say that they 'are being' outsold approximately 1.6:1.
But that doesnt sound as bad....

Not technically correct.

Thankyou Mr English professor. To date they have been outsold 3:1 :rolleyes:

The more the market grows the more new J6P's will comprise the market. They will buy the cheaper players. Heck they just paid twice as much money for a 42" HDTV model than they have ever paid for a TV in their lifetimes. I don't see them dropping 5 to 7 bills on a bluray player.

But, where is J6P going to buy these HD-DVD players? Major retailers appear to be phasing them out. How many J6P are going to go mail order on players and software in the future?

Vurbano, do you get the feeling everyone is on your case? First off, this is the BD/HD-DVD War Zone not the Video War Zone. If you are compairing the PS3 sales to the XBOX360 and Wii then Mr. Moderator -- this is in the wrong forum.

But, where is J6P going to buy these HD-DVD players? Major retailers appear to be phasing them out. How many J6P are going to go mail order on players and software in the future?
If the recent price cuts spur increased sales those retailers will not ignore it and will stock them.

Vurbano, do you get the feeling everyone is on your case? First off, this is the BD/HD-DVD War Zone not the Video War Zone. If you are compairing the PS3 sales to the XBOX360 and Wii then Mr. Moderator -- this is in the wrong forum.
Sorry but you have been arguing for months that the PS3 is a BD player and this article highlists how "the war" which is the topic of this forum has hurt the PS3. Get over it.

Thankyou Mr English professor. To date they have been outsold 3:1 :rolleyes:

But how does the numbers look with only using the same amount of time out on the market. It is not fair to say that the 360 has outsold the PS3 3:1 when they had a heck of a head start. The number I would like to see is how many 360's were sold in the first 1 1/2 year compared to the PS3. This will tell if the PS3 has had disappointing sales IMO.

Sorry but you have been arguing for months that the PS3 is a BD player and this article highlists how "the war" which is the topic of this forum has hurt the PS3. Get over it.
Sorry but I'd have to disagree. Just because the auther mentioned Sony is winning the format war in his closing sentence doesnt make that article about HD vs BD. Its about game consoles.

But how does the numbers look with only using the same amount of time out on the market. It is not fair to say that the 360 has outsold the PS3 3:1 when they had a heck of a head start. The number I would like to see is how many 360's were sold in the first 1 1/2 year compared to the PS3. This will tell if the PS3 has had disappointing sales IMO.

From 11/28/05 to 1/8/07, the 360 sold about 5.1M consoles. Using roughly the same length of time in the PS3's lifetime (11/20/06 to 1/6/08), it sold about 3.5M. So, the 360 had sold nearly 1.5 times as many systems as the PS3 at this point. Of course, the 360 didn't really have much competition - 3.5M were sold before either of the other consoles came out. Since that time, the 360 has sold about 2:1 over the PS3, while the Wii has outsold it almost 2.5:1.

I think the PS3 has done a fair job, and it's getting better, but there's no way to reverse the impact of the 360 being out a year earlier.

VG Chartz | Hardware Comparison Charts

There was a great counterpoint to the '360 didn't have competition line' but I don't recall it offhand, something about the PS3 benefiting from 360 development, the non-exclusives. How well does anyone really think the PS3 would have done if it was launched by itself?

But it was a sexier response, promise.

There was a great counterpoint to the '360 didn't have competition line' but I don't recall it offhand, something about the PS3 benefiting from 360 development, the non-exclusives. How well does anyone really think the PS3 would have done if it was launched by itself?

But it was a sexier response, promise.

And why wouldn't there have been more development on non-exclusives even if the PS3 launched first? I'm not getting the point...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts