Sony XBR75X940C

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ive found only certain scenes expose mine as an LCD, so other than view angle, these are real nice. Especially keeping in mind I have been watching blu-ray movies in a pitch black room which was always a no no with an LCD.

As with most larger screens, the image is nice and rich with good content, but some poor and overly compressed programming looks bad.

Should have gone with the 940C. View angle is stupendous. Two pictures One with Roku set to UHD and One with Roku set to 1080p

ROKU 1080.jpg ROKU UHD.jpg

Nah, for that budget I would have gotten the 65” OLED, which I almost did ($4900). The 930 is perfect for me right now, it’s a UHD stopgap for a year or two until OLED drops a bit in price.

With our seating arrangement the view angle is never an issue.

He said this set looked almost or as good as the OLEDs he's done. Plus none of the striping/uniformity issues. He really loved my set.

S~

Updated firmware today when I got home. Turned Cinemotion and Motionflow on. Not only on, but the highest settings. Everything else stayed the same.

S~

Well... after 5 months, a really major issue with the backlighting. It is only on the left side (perfect split). The left side has about a 2 inch bar of dark clouding from the left edge to the exact center of the screen at the top. When looking slightly off center, you can see a line dividing the left and right. The left side is slightly darker than the right. Really noticeable on blue and light screens. Time to call Sony
frown.gif
. really distracting.

S~

Sad. I think sony is not as good as old days. I remember i had a trinitron tv that lasted 12 years. Good old days. And it was so heavy that you need at least two people to move it. :)

Sad. I think sony is not as good as old days. I remember i had a trinitron tv that lasted 12 years. Good old days. And it was so heavy that you need at least two people to move it. :)

I agree...But its not just Sony.....Every major manufacturer who is using "others" screen are having problems...

It is now a screen lottery, and if your lucky you get one on the first try....very sad, but again its only about profit....

Yep. Here are the steps to a new panel lately:

1. Hope it shows up undamaged
  2. Hope you won the panel lottery
  3. Hope it lasts for more than 6 months after winning the lottery

So... Based on advice from folks here, I reached out to Chris from Cleveland Plasma. He offered me a great price on a 940D and it should be here end of next week or beginning of the following week depending on if it gets shipped tomorrow. Fingers crossed on the panel lottery!

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Well... after 5 months, a really major issue with the backlighting. It is only on the left side (perfect split). The left side has about a 2 inch bar of dark clouding from the left edge to the exact center of the screen at the top. When looking slightly off center, you can see a line dividing the left and right. The left side is slightly darker than the right. Really noticeable on blue and light screens. Time to call Sony, really distracting.

S~

I had some of the same problems with my Sony 55" 850 plus major light escaping from the side of the panel, it was like a flashlight by the edge.

I returned it and bought a 4K Vizio M55 C2 for $600 new, I know it does not do HDR so I am only using this TV until all the HDR specs get sorted out then buy a new one and this TV will go off to one of my kids.

Damn nice picture on the Vizio, it did get great reviews at rtings, amazed at the up-converted picture on 1080P content and of course the 4K performance with content from Netflix, Amazon and Vudu.

Got an update from the delivery company. The TV will arrive tomorrow. (Ironically, I received the tracking info minutes after the delivery schedule call.) Work is insane right now, but I hope to get a chance to test this puppy out this weekend.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
TV arrived safely yesterday and all is well. No picture quality problems thus far. Can't wait until I have more time to play with it.

Finally replaced. Remounted it and am finishing up the firmware update. Painfully slow. Now I can get back to some UHD and 3D Blu-rays.

S~

Threw in ID4 just to make sure everything was working correctly. Switched to HDR without a hitch. Adjusted a few settings that we have worked out. Watched a few scenes. From what I saw, it looked really good. Best I have ever seen, except for maybe in the theater when it was released. Hopefully this one works out.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)