Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads when you become a member of SatelliteGuys Today! Membership is fast and FREE! CLICK HERE to sign up now!

Sound not matching lips-DTV

Discussion in 'The DIRECTV Forum' started by elwayisgod, Aug 18, 2006.

1. elwayisgod

elwayisgod Thread Starter New Member

Hi,

New to this forum, but this has been driving me nuts. I have DirecTV, 5LNB, and H20 receiver. However it seems that the sound does not match the mouth movements. Is this a DirecTV problem? Is there a way to solve it... I can't watch TV like this :mad:

I'm connected via HDMI cable. TV is Mitsubishi 53" DLP.

Thanks,

Sam

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. dishnet520

dishnet520 Member

I had this problem with my H20 and I rebooted it and seemed to fix the problem.

3. FAYRICH

FAYRICH Active SatelliteGuys Member Pub Member / Supporter

You did not mention whether you see this on your locals, or on cable channels. I have seen this from time to time on my local stations, both OTA and on cable. This is either a network or local station problem. In either case, there is nothing you can do about it other than to switch to the analog counterpart if it is that bothersome to you.

4. elwayisgod

elwayisgod Thread Starter New Member

Not Sure

I will have to check whether it's on locals only or not and whether it's happening on non hdtv channels or not. Will provide more details.

Does anyone know if the new MPEG4 HD DVR will fix this?

sam

5. Jimbo

Jimbo NW Ohio - Buckeye Country Pub Member / Supporter

I am sure D* is aware of this problem by now, also keep in mind for some reason, not ALL of the H-20's are having this trouble.
    Seeing D* is aware of it, I would expect them to verify that that problem does not show up on the new receivers too.

Jimbo

6. damaged

damaged SatelliteGuys Family

<conjecture>One could also assume, that if D* knows about it, and is still releasing receivers known to have this issue, that D* believes that it will likely be solvable by software fixes, since, logically, if it was a pure hardware issue, they would cease shipping the defective ones, since it would cost more to have to go replace the ones they are still shipping out.</conjecture>

7. Jimbo

Agreed :up
    Provided D* is paying attention.

Jimbo

8. Alvarez

Alvarez Active SatelliteGuys Member

I believe you are prolly upconverting to 1080i which can cause some sync issues with 720p material... It happens on the DirecTivos sometimes too. Have your tryed viewing the channels in "native" where if its 720 content it shows in 720 and 1080 shows in 1080?

jimbos I cringe every single time I see your avatar............

(GO BLUE!)

9. Kadex

Kadex Member

I had this problem about a week ago. It only seemed to happen to me on TNT HD channel. Other channels were ok. Using HR10. It only lasted a couple of hours. Also I was running 1080i.

10. locksmith30076

locksmith30076 Member

these a directv issues dealing with local station and other broadcasting networks. a technician cant do nothing to fix the problems . other satellite and cable companies have the same problems. on the h20 most of the time its hd local station have these lip synching issues. if you a new hd customers these something normal that you going to experience with your hd box.

11. Jimbo

12. Alvarez

Alvarez Active SatelliteGuys Member

I am watchin this new Michigan Offense right now! god I love football hehehe

Notre Dame in South Bend will be fun this year no doubt :) I am way happy to have Hart back and can't wait to see him run all over these teams this year. Hopefully OSU's young defense will have trouble stopping him hehehe although they will have basically a year in by the time they see him.

13. Paul Wozniak

Paul Wozniak SatelliteGuys Guru

Jimbos, looks like I have an ally.