Spider-Man is now a part of Marvel's Cinematic Universe

Reports and rumors abound on the newly announced 'Spider-Man' reboot http://news.yahoo.com/reports-rumors-abound-newly-announced-spider-man-reboot-172326728.html
On Tuesday, Marvel and Sony announced their agreement to bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, in part through a future solo film. But who will follow in Andrew Garfield's footsteps as the next incarnation of the web-slinger? The rumor mill has already churned out a few possible contenders.What is the best way to revive the Spider-Man story, both as a standalone franchise and in other films set in the Marvel Universe?For Sony, the first step was parting ways with director Marc Webb, who helmed the first "The Amazing Spider-Man" features in 2012 and 2014.Andrew Garfield is also out of the picture, as Marvel and Sony are hoping to depart from the previous films by placing a younger man in the Spidey suit. As a result, Spider-Man will return to the screen as a high school student. According to Variety and a number of other sources, the actors eyed for the role include Dylan O'Brien, who was recently seen in "The Maze Runner," and "Percy Jackson" star Logan Lerman, recently seen in "Fury."In other rumors, some websites have suggested the reboot may focus on the character Miles Morales. In the latest "Spider-Man" comics, this young Puerto Rican has taken over as the latest incarnation of the superhero following Peter Parker's death.Sony will need to make up its mind soon, as Marvel may introduce the new version of the superhero in "Captain America: Civil War." Due to premiere in 2016, the movie will center on a showdown between multiple Marvel characters including Thor, Captain America, the Hulk and Iron Man.

'Spider-Man' Can Offer What Marvel Is Lacking http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...cking/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
Kelvin Chavez of Latino Review scooped the Internet yesterday with a big news dump alleging copious information about the upcoming Walt Disney DIS +1.74%/Sony reboot of the Spider-Man franchise. The general idea is that it will be a fresh start, sans origin, written and directed by Drew Goddard of Cabin in the Woods fame. Also, and a cautionary SPOILER ALERT if the rest of this short paragraph turns out to be true, the film will tangentially involve Spidey battling Iron Man as a kind of “test” to join the Avengers, which may mean that Robert Downey Jr.’s big Thursday announcement just got scooped. Oh and the Sinister Six will basically be formed by the end of the picture and they may or may not be spun off in some capacity. So presuming this is all true, The Spectacular Spider-Man (alleged title) can bring to the Marvel movie universe that is truly of value. I am speaking of colorful villainy.

Is This The New Avengers Lineup For Marvel's Phase 3? http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Avengers-Lineup-Marvel-Phase-3-70422.html
For several months, it has been teased that the Avengers team seen next month in Avengers: Age of Ultron will not look the same by the time the story is finished. Old members will take their leave and new heroes will replace them, following suit with the constant rank changes that occur with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes in the comics. Thanks to a new rumor, we may know who will comprise the team’s new lineup, and they’re all familiar faces.Warning: potential spoilers for Avengers: Age of Ultron ahead!

Next ‘Spider-Man’ Will Still Be Peter Parker, Kevin Feige Confirms https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/next-spider-man-still-peter-parker-kevin-feige-195919139.html
Although we already knew that the new “Spider-Man” would return to high school, it’s now confirmed that Sony Pictures will reintroduce Peter Parker in the film instead of opting for another character (like Miles Morales) to suit-up as the web slinger.Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige told Collider that the next Spider-Man will be a 15 or 16-year-old Peter Parker.“In terms of the age of an actor we’ll eventually cast, I don’t know,” Feige admits. “In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right.”Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield’s characters were initially high schoolers as well, but Feige said keeping the superhero in that setting for an extended period of time allows for the introduction of new stories — much needed after five Spider-Man films.“Some of my favorite Spider-Man arcs and Spider-Man stories, he’s in high school for a lot of it,” he said. “We want to explore that. That also makes him very, very different from any of our other characters in the [Marvel Cinematic Universe], which is something else we want to explore: how unique he is when now put against all these other characters.”Marvel reportedly will introduce the new Spider-Man in “Captain America: Civil War,” which hits theaters on May 6, 2016. Meanwhile, the latest “Spider-Man” franchise launches on July 28, 2017.

Marvel Has Designed Spider-Man's Costume, Here's The Latest http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Has-Designed-Spider-Man-Costume-Here-Latest-70830.html
Between both the Sam Raimi and Marc Webb movies, audiences have seen multiple interpretations of Spider-Man's famed red and blue suit. Given how popular some of those designs were, it should be a certain challenge for Marvel Studios to come up with an equally satisfying look now that the hero is coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But evidently it's a challenge that the company is ready to take head-on, as they have actually already have selected a new costume for the webslinger.This interesting update comes to us from Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, who recently chatted a bit about Spider-Man with Crave Online. Discussing what we can expect from the look of Spider-Man when he is introduced in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Feige noted that he appreciates what has been done in the past, but that what's being prepared for the Marvel Studios version is unlike anything audiences have seen on the big screen. Said the filmmaker

New Spider-Man Film News, Update: Robert Downey Jr. Says New Reboot Will 'Defy Expectations' http://www.christianpost.com/news/n...defy-expectations-137692/#gZUYC5bvbovqRf5h.99
From what was heard, the upcoming Spider-Man reintroduction, which will commence in the next Captain America movie ("Captain America: Civil War"), will focus on a teenage Peter Parker and that there won't be a new origin."In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I'd say 15-16 is right. Some of my favorite Spider-Man arcs and Spider-Man stories, he's in high school for a lot of it. We want to explore that," Marvel's head Kevin Feige previously told Collider.A report from IGN meanwhile cited the Iron Man actor, Robert Downey Jr., saying that fans "should expect the unexpected" when "Captain America 3" hit the theaters this May 6, 2016 and then on his future stand-alone movie, which is eyed for a 2017 release date."However we spin it, we're going to try and defy the expectation of what it would mean," Downey said. "That's been the directive from jump. But I think that a great job has been done with Spider-Man so far. And I think that the direction that Spider-Man is going to take is exactly what the fans would be delighted to see."Feige, on the other hand, speaks with the publication that fans will see more of the web-slinger's iconic comic book wit and humor when he returns to the big screen."When he puts that mask on, in the comics, he has a non-stop wit that's almost as troubling to the bad guys he fights as his webs and agility. We feel we haven't really seen that yet."

‘Spider-Man’ Reboot Will Be Like ‘Batman Begins,’ Says Marvel President http://www.inquisitr.com/2008409/sp...ns-says-marvel-president/#vpHUPXIs013Lyp6F.99
Spider-Man, the Marvel super hero, shares a lot in common with Superman and Batman. Even though they hail from completely different comic book publishers, DC and Marvel, their film history shares a common problem. Superman has had more adaptations than both comic book characters, but Man of Steel is considered by some to be the best.Batman finally found his film footing with Tim Burton, but crashed under the weight of Joel Schumacher and bat nipples. Batman Begins and the Nolan Batman films saved the film adaptation of the character, as Cinema Blend reminds us.Spider-Man, as comic book film adaptation, made his breakthrough with Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 1 through 3. However, 3 received poor review, and the reboot crashed on its second outing. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has said the new Spider-Man reboot will be like Batman Begins. Before we speculate what that might mean, as per a report by Comicbook, Feige explains. “There are so many things that are integral to his character in the comics that haven’t been explored yet. That’s what’s most exciting. Batman was the same way, there were four Batman movies over however many years and then Batman Begins was able to do something unique, tap into a side that hadn’t been seen before in the movies. It is a similar thing. Of course the tone is completely different than Batman.”Despite how close many fans feel Sam Raimi’s Spider-man came to being a live-action version of the comics, there are others like Kevin Feige, who feel something has been missing from both Spider-Man and the Amazing Spiderman films. “When he puts that mask on in the comics, he has a non-stop wit that is almost as troublesome to the bad guys he is fighting as his webs and agility, and we feel we really haven’t seen that in the movies. That’s just the tip of the iceberg.”The Inquisitr reports that we will once again see Peter Parker under Spider-man’s masks, but it will be lacking an origin story, which was part of both of the past two franchises. This does not seem to be something that many fans will miss, as it is pretty well established in filmgoers’ minds at this point.However, it is surprising to some that another Spider-man was not chosen. With Miles Morales (Ultimate Spider-Man), Ben Reilly(Scarlet Spider), Miguel O’hara (Spider-man 2099), and the many Spider-Women, it is a surprise to many that Marvel is not going in a different directions.Though, with Marvel back in control of many of its characters and the big Marvel Civil War film arc, it makes sense to keep Peter Parker.The Spider-Man reboot hits theaters July 28, 2017.Will you be going to see it?

‘Spider-Man’ Was Always A Part of Marvel’s Phase 3 Plans http://screenrant.com/marvel-phase-...an-was-always-a-part-of-marvels-phase-3-plans
In October 2014, Marvel Studios held a media and fan event in Los Angeles where they unveiled their Phase 3 movie plans. Over the course of two years prior, the studio had planted flags in a series of release dates for the next several years, shifted a few around and even added some additional dates but they weren’t ready to make any announcements at last summer’s Comic-Con International in San Diego.Moviegoers finally knew what would be coming after Phase 2 ends this summer with Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man, and after another two films in 2016, the studio would have three movies per year each year going forward. Except, that wasn’t really all of their Phase 3 plans… there was something else in the works that involved Spider-Man.After rumors and select reports hinted at discussions happening behind-the-scenes at Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios about sharing assets and properties to improve the Spider-Man brand, the infamous hack attack on Sony last year resulted in leaked documents that confirmed it was all true. People at Marvel, including producer-directors Anthony and Joe Russo (Captain America 2-3, The Avengers 3-4), were chatting with people at Sony.

‘Spider-Man’: Actor Shortlist For Movie Reboot Revealed? [Updated] http://screenrant.com/spider-man-movie-reboot-actor-list/
In the wake of last year’s disastrous hacking attack on Sony Pictures and the subsequent leak of gigabytes of e-mails, documents and scripts, the studio is lucky to have any secrets left to keep. Among the details: that Sony’s deal with Marvel Studios to make Spider-Man part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – via a Phase Three reboot – has actually been in the works since before the initial line-up of films was announced.As Sony presents its upcoming slate of films at CinemaCon – and Spider-Man more or less confirmed to appear in Captain America 3 meaning casting news is on everyone’s mind – official word from the studio or details uncovered by attending are hotly anticipated. In fact, some new Spider-Man rumors have already emerged.Collider Editor-in-Chief Steven Weintraub (currently at CinemaCon) explained on Twitter that the current Spider-Man buzz is that Marvel and Sony have the lead role narrowed down to five actors, some of whom are in their very early twenties. No names named, but several actors already rumored for the part would fit the bill, including Dylan O’Brien and Ansel Elgort. O’Brien has denied being approached (though things might have changed) and Elgort was fairly neutral on the idea of playing Spider-Man when we asked him about it.

Silly 'Spider-Man for Millennials' Pitch Revealed in Sony Leaks https://www.yahoo.com/movies/spider-man-for-millennials-sony-leaks-117270466412.html
Here’s a pretty funny footnote in the saga of the leaked Sony emails. Yesterday, a Twitter user unearthed a truly cringe-worthy list of suggestions for making Spider-Man more appealing to Millennials. As re-imagined by one Sony exec, Peter Parker is no longer a science nerd fighting crime on the down-low while taking care of his elderly aunt. No, the proposed Spidey does Tough Mudder events on the weekends, listens to EDM while he’s fighting crime, and uploads photos of his vegan dinners with the hashtag #NBD (No Big Deal). Sound insufferable? Read on!The man behind this pitch is a Sony-affiliated executive whom former Sony head Amy Pascal has called a “brilliant Millennial research expert.” In November 2013, a few months before Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opened in theaters, the exec sent Pascal an email with what he called “rando thoughts” about how to update Spidey’s image (possibly for a digital marketing campaign).

Marvel's Spider-Man: 5 Possible Actors Named http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/spider-man/245695/marvels-spider-man-5-possible-actors-named
Marvel has narrowed its field of potential Spider-Man actors to five. Here's who they're looking at...UPDATED:It seems that Asa Butterfield is the current frontrunner for the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Expect an announcement soon, since Spidey is set to make an appearance in Captain America: Civil War, and that flick is all set to go before the cameras. Thanks to Latino Review for the tip.

‘Spider-Man' Reboot Film Details: Peter Parker's Story To Be Told In Four Movie Series http://au.ibtimes.com/spider-man-re...rkers-story-be-told-four-movie-series-1446703
The ‘Spider-Man’ reboot is going to be made into four movies. According to a recent report, these four-part series will all explore the life of the high school Peter Parker as the web slinger.Deadline on its exclusive report about the “Spider-Man” reboot claimed Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal “are planning an arc that will tell the Spidey story over three to four movies.” Writer Mike Fleming Jr. said each of these movies will explore a year into Peter Parker’s life. However, these series of films will not be an origin story, unlike the previous “The Amazing Spider-Man” series. Per Fleming by then the high school Peter Parker is already Spider-Man, since he’ll ”already have been bitten by the radioactive spider so we don’t have to see that all over again,” he added.The four-part “Spider-Man” series will reportedly be a coming of age tale of how Peter Parker handles being a superhero. The reboot will reportedly have a tone reminiscent of a John Hughes humour and emotion, but mixed with all the superhero details needed for the film.

Matthew McConaughey Headed To New 'Spider-Man'? https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/matthew-mcconaughey-headed-spider-man-210357663.html
Alright, alright, alright -- Matthew McConaughey just might be in a Marvel movie!The Oscar winner is reportedly being sought after by Marvel for the role of Norman Osborn/Green Goblin in the upcoming "Spider-Man" reboot, at least according to PointofGeeks.com.The possible casting news isn't the craziest rumor, as the actor recently revealed he's been considering a slew of possible superhero films."I’ve read some Marvel and DC scripts and I’ve talked about working with them on some scripts, none of which I’ll share with you what they are — or were. Yeah, I’ve circled some of those. Nothing has been right for me yet. But I’m sure open to it," he told Variety earlier this month.For Matthew to suit up for a franchise, he explained it would take something special."It’s very simple for me. I look at the script. Is the opportunity exciting? Is the money that comes with it exciting? Sure. Is it the possibility of going, 'Hey you can get on a train and it can be a franchise and you could do 3, 4, 5, and have a great time as some kind of superhero or anti-hero.' But I would also look at something like that and say, 'Hey, in success that means you are on the train for a while,'" he continued. "Contractually, you’re going to return to the character over and over. It’s something I asked myself is it something I’d want to return to. Would I be excited to go back and put the shoes on the character again? Going and doing the press tour with that group of people again? I always ask myself those questions again. It starts with the story and character."

'The Walking Dead' Star: I've Read for Marvel and Would "Absolutely Love" to Play Spider-Man https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/walking-dead-star-ive-read-marvel-absolutely-love-104537230.html
Tyler James Williams would not hate to become Spider-Man.The 22-year-old actor, known for playing Noah on The Walking Dead and the title role on Everybody Hates Chris, told Flicks and the City that he appreciates fans having launched campaigns for him to play a film version of Miles Morales, who debuted as the web slinger in the Marvel comics universe in 2011 following the death of Peter Parker."I kind of follow the Miles Morales character quite a bit," Williams said. "And I'm open to the idea, I am. I'm not starting campaigns or anything for it because I trust Marvel. I've read for them before. So I trust what their decisions will be."

5 Things to Know About the New Spider-Man Tom Holland https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/5-things-know-spider-man-tom-holland-021500641.html
This article, 5 Things to Know About the New Spider-Man Tom Holland, originally appeared on TVGuide.com.Ready to meet your new Spider-Man? Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios have announced that Tom Holland will play the famous web-slinger in upcoming installments in the cinematic universe.While he won't swing into a theater near you in a standalone film until 2017 (he's expected to appear in next year's Captain America: Civil War), it's never too early to get to know your new friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Here’s Why Tom Holland Was Cast As Spider-Man http://news.yahoo.com/heres-why-tom-holland-was-cast-as-spider-man-095528874.html
It’s no secret that Tom Holland has swung into action as Marvel’s next big screen Spider-Man… but why did he land the coveted role?During an interview with The L.A. Times, Marvel boss Kevin Feige explained exactly why they chose Tom Holland to be the next Peter Parker.“Well, you see the casting right away”, he said. “He’s younger by, I think five or six or seven or eight years than either Tobey [Maguire] or Andrew [Garfield] when they were cast, and that’s very intentional.”

New ‘Spider-Man’ Will Be Like ‘A John Hughes Movie,’ Feature New Villain, Says Kevin Feige https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/spider-man-john-hughes-movie-feature-villain-says-211726580.html
New details about the upcoming “Spider-Man” reboot continue to emerge.In addition to the recent casting news that Tom Holland will play Peter Parker, Marvel honcho Kevin Feige has revealed that the new film will explore Spider-Man in a firmly high-school setting.“Spider-Man will be a ‘John Hughes’ movie,” Feige said in an interview with SlashFilm.He added that Spidey’s age will set him apart from other Marvel characters. “Some of my favorite Spider-Man arcs and Spider-Man stories, he’s in high school for a lot of it. We want to explore that. That also makes him very, very different from any of our other characters in the MCU, which is something else we want to explore: how unique he is when now put against all these other characters.”In an interview with Collider, Feige elaborated on the idea of pitting Parker against the other superheroes. Holland read against Robert Downey, Jr. in a screen test, and reportedly held his own, which helped him cinch the part. “That was part of it,” Feige said. “When we’ll see that, I don’t know, but that was part of it.”

Spider-Man Reboot Won’t Be An Origin Story, Will Be Like A John Hughes Film
Now that Tom Holland has been confirmed as the latest incarnation of the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man further details of Jon Watts’ reboot have started to emerge.Director Watts and screenwriters John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein have been chatting about ‘Spider-Man’ while out promoting both ‘Cop Car’ and ‘Vacation’, respectively, revealing quite a few titbits about it, including that it won’t be an origin story.While talking to USA Today at the premiere of ‘Vacation’, Daley explained, “I don’t think the origin story is going to be in there,” suggesting that the film will assume movie fans already know how Peter Parker turned into the superhero.Meanwhile, Goldstein explained how the Marvel and Sony reboot will be different from the previous ‘Spider-Man’ films, declaring that its tone will be much more “grounded,” while it will focus on a “real kid who gets these powers and what that means to be a geeky, outcast kid and how he deals with them.”

The 'Cast List' for the Spider-Man Reboot is Ridiculous https://games.yahoo.com/news/cast-list-spider-man-reboot-144200012.html
This article, The 'Cast List' for the Spider-Man Reboot is Ridiculous, originally appeared on Comic Vine.From what we know of the upcoming Spider-Man reboot, Tom Holland is playing Peter Parker and Marisa Tomei is playing Aunt May. That's all that's been confirmed thus far. However, a new image popped up on the Internet that claims it's the cast list for the new Spider-Man film, and it looks pretty ambitious, it is completely unconfirmed, and one of the weirdest things other news sites, including us, are reporting on.Let's, for one quick second, pretend there's some sort of credibility behind this random image on the Internet. Vulture and Scorpion in the same film and one of them is Billy Zane? Color me interested. Jason Biggs as Scorpion? Well, I just don't see it. The thing about this cast list and there's a lot of characters here that can come back for later films. Harry Osborn is here and we could eventually, down the road, see the Green Goblin for a third time. Flash Thompson also pops up and if they wanted to, he could eventually become Venom and join the Guardians of the Galaxy, right? (Sorry Eddie Brock) Ok, we're jumping way too far ahead.Obviously, take this with the smallest grain of salt as humanly possible. It's not hard to take a photo of your computer screen, after typing something in a word processor, even in a world where "PrtScn" exists.Aside from the fact this was written on a desktop and not a laptop, I also find Idris Elba to be a very versatile actor. What if the "cast picture" above (not mine, obviously) is actually real? That would be cool but there's nothing there that feels official. Sure, there may be some chance that some intern walked by someone involved in pre-production of the film's laptop, who was in town for a meeting, and snapped a picture of their unlocked computer, open for anyone to see, while the director/producer went to the bathroom, but that seems too implausible.As always, we'll keep you updated as more develops and if by chance the original image is actually true and I'm wrong, then at least I got to spend a few minutes copying and pasting the name "Idris Elba" over and over again, and to me, that's worth it. But chances are, that first image is just some fan's dream.What do you think of the cast list? Could it be real?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts