Sports channels in HD only with multi-sport?????

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
My 50% off promotional pricing for the multisport pack is about to expire so I called DISH this morning to see about getting a new deal. It expires in 2 days and I was told to call back in 3 days to see if I could get another round of promo pricing.

I was thinking that if I can't, I'd cancel until football season begins again. In order to make sure I was doing the right thing, I checked the DISH website to make sure my AT250 subscription still gave me NHLN, MLBN, etc.

According to the package comparison page, it shows that AT250 includes all those channels (including NBCSN) but ONLY IN SD! Is this a new and recent change?

Also, the channel lineup shows that AT250 includes NHL Center Ice. Is it really included now or are we just entitled to buy it? It's still listed as a separate package in the listing of sports channels.

To see the HD feed for channels like NBCSN (158), you need to look at the AT 250 HD programming packages information. The NHL Center Ice channel 475-2 is an advertisement for the NHL Center Ice package. You still have to subscribe to the Center Ice during hockey season. Thanks.

I go with the AT250, but my reasons are completely selfish. I enjoy a lot of the documentary and food stations. Also, I get the Employee credit, so I have to have the AT250, since that is the amount of the credit.

I thought about getting AT250, for BeInSports and the extra movie channels. If I want to upgrade after installation, will still only be $5 more a month, or should I go with AT250 up front, and then downgrade to AT200 if I find that I'm not really taking advantage of the extra channels.

Ok. So what is the final word? The DISH official website is misleading.

I now know that NHL Center Ice is not part of AT250 as the website indicates.

But, what sports nets are in HD for AT250 (AT200) these days without a multisport pack sub?

Sorry for the persistence, but here in Hawaii, many of the stations that you mainland folks get in HD, we don't. The official DISH site shows me that AT250 gives the sports nets only in SD.

I look to see if there have been any changes on DISH's side that affect me if I drop the multisport pack.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

But, what sports nets are in HD for AT250 (AT200) these days without a multisport pack sub?

Sorry for the persistence, but here in Hawaii, many of the stations that you mainland folks get in HD, we don't. The official DISH site shows me that AT250 gives the sports nets only in SD.

I look to see if there have been any changes on DISH's side that affect me if I drop the multisport pack.

NHL Center Ice is a separate seasonal subscription that you pay extra for,it does not come with the multi-sports pack.

Are you asking about regional sports networks?

Not sure about Hawaii, but here in the main 48, all national Sports channels that Dish has contracts to distribute in HD they give to customers out of the multi sports pack. The draw of the multi sports pack are Red Zone, Strike Zone, and the SD feed of RSNs outside your local market (no professional teams' games).

The breakdown is that the ESPN suite (minus ESPN Classic), NBCSN, CBSSN, FOX Sports 1 (not FOX Sports 2), all the league channels (NHL Net, NFL Net, NBA TV, & MLB Net) are all in HD for subs of core packages that they are a part of. Pretty much all of them are available in the AT 200 pack. ESPN is available in lower packages. So for you, like I who subs to the AT 250, you are eligible for the ones I mentioned. I'm sure others will add to the list. The big question remaining, which I can't answer, is what restrictions apply to customers in Hawaii.

I have renewed sportspack at half off for a few times now, in the past I would just hold off until fall but with strikezone I find myself having it most of the year

I tried getting a deal on Multi-Sports but they wouldn't offer me anything on it. They did offer me 4 premium movie channels free for 3 months though so that made me happy.

Once my multi-sport discount expired, was able to renew it yesterday at $6/mo. for 6 mos.

While on the phone, I received a clarification about the original question posed in this thread. That is - the DISH website package descriptions show that the AT200 and AT250 packages receive sports channels like NBCSN, NHLN, MLBN, etc. ALL IN SD NOT HD!

My mistake was in thinking that you might need multi-sport package in order to receive these stations in HD. What really is required is the HD package! I never gave that a thought because I've had the HD Free For Life deal for years.

BTW - back to multi-sport - the website also shows that new subscribers get multi-sport free thru 12/31/2014. I tried for THAT deal but only got the $6/mo. ;)

BTW - back to multi-sport - the website also shows that new subscribers get multi-sport free thru 12/31/2014. I tried for THAT deal but only got the $6/mo. ;)
Yeah, I tried that deal too, but instead of $6/mo for 6 months, I got free for 3 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts