Stab HH100/HH120 Sat Finder Feature

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
I was just on the Stab web site and saw this info about their Sat Finder feature, now built into the HH100 and HH120 models.

"On the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the USALS STAB research laboratories, to help and simplify the engine installation, has developed an integrated sat-finder in HH100 and HH120 motors. This new standard provides that the models HH100 and HH120 implements a sound system in order to help in pointing the satellite. This system consists of an acoustic device (BEEP) with 4 sound intensity levels:
1st level: you are in the rotor pointing mode
2nd level: the signal of the selected satellite is captured
3rd level: the signal quality is included between 70% and 90%
4th level: the signal quality is up to 90% (it is not always possible to reach this level)"

You can read the full info here with graphic: http://www.stab-italia.com/usals.php

When I purchased my HH100 it did not have this feature (old stock?:(). Has anyone ever used an HH100 or HH120 with this feature? Did you find it useful? How well did it work?

The protocol that never caught on....

It requires a compliant STB to provide tuning information back to the motor. Not aware of any receiver models that ever implemented as it required the enabled version Stab motor to use and Stab did not license for other motor manufacturers. I never saw this version STAB at the European shops or traded shows.

Similar to the "Easy Find" STB and LNBF that DMSI sold a few years back. You needed a specific model of LNBF and receiver pairing for the feature to work.

Many protocols have been provided, but most are not implemented. The 2.x DiSEqC commands would be great for automatic switch path and motor positioning, yet lacked support of the majority of manufactures and exist in obscurity... :(

Motor would not be able to really perform this function on it's own without a built-in receiver, which would create issues with the normal receiver one would think. The Stab motors are good products though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts