Official Star Wars Episode VII Thread

Can a mod please change the title to: Official Star Wars Thread? :D
Since this is going to be the most anticipated movie since ever, I see multiple threads starting now until Dec 2015th.

Apparently Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Oblivion, HG: Catching Fire) got the boot because his script was based on the Skywalker/Solo kids and with the original stars are secondary characters.

Director Abrams' disagreed and with Larry Kasdan (Empire Strikes Back) re-wrote the script w/ Luke, Han and Leia as the main characters and their kids taking over in Ep 8 and 9.

Since every SW film opens up with a space scene.. how cool would be to see the Falcon being chased by a Star Destroyer.

Cheers, K

I also read somewhere (can't find the link now) that Abrams is looking to shoot this on film, not via digital, and not IMAX. I'm not sure I understand this choice, but he used traditional film for Star Trek: Into Darkness so it obviously works ;)

I also read somewhere (can't find the link now) that Abrams is looking to shoot this on film, not via digital, and not IMAX. I'm not sure I understand this choice, but he used traditional film for Star Trek: Into Darkness so it obviously works ;)

Digital cameras do not produce enough lens flare for his tastes ;) ?

Reactions: Pepper
It will be interesting to see how it all turns out... It could be the best movie ever, but there will still be a ton of complaints...

I can easilly picture Oldman as a seasoned Imperial Commander and Cumberbatch as a Sith

If Cumberbatch is not playing Jacen Solo, there is something wrong with the casting. He even looks like Harrison Ford and with the same Solo smirk.

I'll take that bet!

I think the only problem is the age. He is 37 and Jacen would have been around 26 if Ep VII is 30 years after Ep VI. But then playing someone 10 years younger was never a problem with actors. I think Charlize Theron should play Jaina Solo. :p

Spoiler: leaked "possible" EP VII Plot. I dont buy it though..

According to the latest online rumour, 30 years have passed after RotJ and the Alliance are still at war w/ the Empire. Han and Leai were capture and have been imprisoned for 8 years. Their twin kids set out to find Luke Skywalker in an attempt to rescue the parents

Rumour has it this Thursday April 24th, Disney will be making THE ANNOUNCEMENT regarding Episode VII. George Lucas, Disney Executives and 100 "VIP" guests are scheduled to attent the event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)