Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Jack, real world, would never have gotten to such responsibility or kept it. Oh well, now most episodes (season 2 disk 4) are VERY entertaining.

So I'll just plan on not appreciating his character.

Jack has his serious moments, but also has an attitude. I always enjoyed the sarcastic element of the character...

Got Season two disc 5. Next, I'll have to watch first part of Season Three on amazon, due to Very Long Wait, which I interpret to mean "We Really Don't Have It."

In the episode "1969" Gen Hammond appears as a junior officer. There were no credits for that role. Was it his son playing the part? Face sure looked right, as did the voice.

IMDB is your friend.

Not his son. Aaron Pearl

Aaron Pearl - IMDb

Thank you.

But you sure must know more than me about how to find stuff in IMDB. I searched "SGF-1 1969" and came up with nada. I see now that I should have clicked on season 2 and drilled down to that show and full cast and crew. Oh well, live and learn.

Interesting that he appeared in couple of what appear to be XXX movies. I thought that was a career killer.

Since most of Season 3 is "very long wait" we watched the first episode on Amazon Prime Instant Video. I have a PS3 and a 25/25 connection, so it went very well. Two observations:

1. Between certain scene changes, there would be a second or so of black screen. We didn't see that on BB@H DVDs. Is this perhaps a different encoding, putting a short black screen where the commercials used to be?

2. I hadn't noticed before on AIV (only watched a couple other programs) but there is no true "fast forward" where you see the action. We could not speed thru the credits to the action. I'd hit FF and watch the counter and guess where I'd want to be, hit play and it would jump to that future spot, more or less. Am I missing something, is there a way to FF just like it was a DVD? I have similar behavior on our LG BD670, except the LG wants Enter not Play to resume. BTW, on the LG BD670 it is difficult to read some menus and information on a CRT SDTV, even a 36" one. But since this is a rarely used TV, I'm unlikely to replace it with an HDTV, unless someone appeared at my door to take both my 36" & 27" CRTs away for free. ;)

Funny thing is, I had to register my LG player with Amazon. Could've sworn I had already done that. At least it's easy enough to do.

Just watched "Rules of Engagement." Season 3. This was where Apothis had set up humans to practice against each other and later invade Earth as sort of a fifth column.

My wife and I agree, this was about the poorest written and implausible script yet. Yet so many scripts are so much better.

Did anybody like this particular episode?

navychop said:
Foothold. Wow. Good one!

Yes it is.

I'm more than a bit irritated that Netflix has pulled SG-1. Hope it comes back soon so we can resume our passage through the series.

Just researched it. At least it's
On amazon prime now. So I'm not missing my fix when I need it. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2