Start an account with Welcome Pack???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I know its been asked probably 800 times but just want to verify if someone did this recently

If someone has their own equipment (say a 211 or something that isn't obsolete) can you start a new account with the Welcome Pack? Yeah I know it would be a pre-paid type thing where you pay the month up front and if you dont pay they shut it off.

Can you still start a new account with your own equipment and get the welcome pack?

I did it a couple of years ago for my sister on my old 211k that I no longer used. They had no problem turning it on ,but did ask why I had then 4 DISH accounts. I told them that I installed all my relatives on their own accounts in my name and they pay me the monthly bills . I owned all the equipment and did all the installs . They said that was fine as long as my credit card was good and I also signed up for no paper billing and auto pay too. I have since turned that account back off ,since my sister didn't decide to keep it and went with a cable bundle instead. IF you own your own equipment , and it is already installed and up and running , and you have a credit card to give them to charge, they should have no problem turning on the receiver.

I know it was able to be done a couple years ago because I did it with a 211k for like 6 months. I just didn't know if they still could do it.

If building a whole new account, the only thing I could imagine would be the one time $79 activation fee. But I don't even know if that is still charged

I called last week about new subscription for locals and Welcome Pack. The representative told me that it was only available for existing customers? Seriously! "Welcome" only for current subscribers and no longer available for new customers.

Reactions: TheKrell
If building a whole new account, the only thing I could imagine would be the one time $79 activation fee. But I don't even know if that is still charged

not if you own the equipment. Like I say a 3 years ago I did it. Had a 211k and signed up. I remember I had to pay for the programming up front and there was no extra fees (other than the $40 one time DVR fee)
So when you signed up say April 1 you paid for April 1-30. You got a bill about 10 days later for May 1-31. If you didnt pay by April 30th the receiver was shut off.

I called last week about new subscription for locals and Welcome Pack. The representative told me that it was only available for existing customers? Seriously! "Welcome" only for current subscribers and no longer available for new customers.
Thats what I'm wondering too. It use to be shown on the main dish site with a special number to call. Now its hidden in the "mydish" area which sounds like current subs.

I wish Dish had just the local only package. I remember having that years ago for 11.99
5.99 for locals
6.00 for no package
you still got the freeviews ;)

I know it was able to be done a couple years ago because I did it with a 211k for like 6 months. I just didn't know if they still could do it.
Couldn't you just reopen your previous account? Since you already had Welcome Pack, they should be able to reactivate your account with Welcome Pack.

I wish Dish had just the local only package.

Definately would subscribe in a heartbeat if a locals only package were offered again!

I am already having troubles this spring reliably receiving OTA locals, as the ducting started so much earlier and is much worse this year. Getting the San Francisco channels (135 miles away) in the mornings and during prime-time more reliably than the local channels (35 miles). :(

Reactions: Mr Tony
I never really understand why anyone would want the Welcome Pack.. Practically nothing on it.....am I missing something?
Yes, it's basically the same thing as the local-only pkg they used to offer f/$12...but now for $20, you're getting an extra 30+ cable channels.
I had the locals-only pkg back then, & when they discontinued it, they moved all those subs into the Welcome Pak w/locals; unfortunately, it's the minimum pkg you can take, even if you just want locals only. (they also used to offer it w/out locals f/$15; that stopped when they NO longer allowed any subs to opt-out of locals)

http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages/welcome-pack

Couldn't you just reopen your previous account? Since you already had Welcome Pack, they should be able to reactivate your account with Welcome Pack.
nope. Because the 211k I had is on someone else's account and I have moved since then
(and it was 3 years ago)

I never really understand why anyone would want the Welcome Pack.. Practically nothing on it.....am I missing something?
main reason for me would be the locals. I might be moving (again) and the area where I would be moving to has minimal OTA. Not reception wise, channel wise. CBS, PBS and FOX is the only stations there. Oh and ABC in ANALOG!
Welcome Pack would get all the networks (12 of them) in HD. The extra channels would be a bonus.

per Matt

Yup, you can do the welcome pack if you own the equipment. I think it may be missing at first but we can always change you from the Smart Pack after

So it sounds like its just like it was 3 years ago ;)
(a DIRT set up exclusive)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts