Starz full VOD included in BB@Home?

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I've had some tell me that it is, but the only threads I've seen that really talk about it say no.

Dish's channel lineup and other documents don't say and only indicate that Starz Cinema is included in the channel lineup. I can find nothing official at Dish's site that lists any VOD and what it takes to get it.

So is all of Starz HD VOD free included with BB@Home?

I've had some tell me that it is, but the only threads I've seen that really talk about it say no.

Dish's channel lineup and other documents don't say and only indicate that Starz Cinema is included in the channel lineup. I can find nothing official at Dish's site that lists any VOD and what it takes to get it.

So is all of Starz HD VOD free included with BB@Home?

Shhhh....I think it is :)

A nice perk of BB@home

admin, close this thread immediately

Why? I've mentioned this little fact several times in the past. I can't believe that Dish didn't set it up this way, by putting in one Starz and one Encore channel in the BB@Home package, on purpose. It's a hell of a lot better than what the disc-by-mail portion of the package has become.

Yes Starz on demand is a part of bbhome,they did it to sweeten the package a little bit.This also goes back to when Charlie was up in arms over Starz being included in the netflix streaming deal.Ever since Starz pulled off of netflix it has been available on demand via bb@home.

Thanks for the confirmation, I can now safely delete the Starz sub and save a few dollars. Never hurts! :)

Exactly,that was one reason I went with bb@home for the half off deal.Was able to watch every episode of Spartacus on demand.So it's really like getting Starz,Epix,a slate of other channels,plus discs by mail.Can't beat it for $5.

I looked thru the Starz streaming selection and did not find one movie that I had not already seen on disc at home.

I looked thru the Starz streaming selection and did not find one movie that I had not already seen on disc at home.

One thing I am noticing when I go to our BB store is many new releases are movies that are on starz, HBO and such

Yeah, Starz isn't much about new movies these days imo. I had it because of a couple of their originals, but those aren't on enough to want to actually keep the Starz channel live. I can live with VOD to get the little I want from them.

To be honest, if it weren't for the deals on the premiums that are going on now, it is getting harder to justify even subscribing to any of them.

I have HBO because of their excellent originals and boxing.
I have SHO because of their excellent boxing

If the boxing were to go away on either of those, I would probably drop them and pick up the few originals as rentals or some such.

Max, Epix, Encore are all about the movies with a small smattering of originals and boxing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts