Statement from Dish Network on VOOM Takedown

I'm with you guys. :up
they're supposedly still up there on the transponders, just not visible to us. If only I had had the forethought to set up a 6 hour hour manual timer for my favorite V* channels to move to my EHD then I could have pretended from time to time that V* still exists...maybe Charlie can turn em back on for a day for me...crap, I am pathetic...

LOL I am the same way, I just want them to flick the switch so I can watch The Thing 1981 and then they can turn them off and work out a deal then bring it back full time.
(End Dream Sequence)

I am glad Charlie had the balls to drop the channels. I dropped the voom channels a few months back because of the lack of new content. Then all of the sudden they start adding new stuff again. I think that was only in response to the threat of being dropped.
Vooms lack of foresight is saving me $10 a month. Thanks

When I had Dish HD a few years ago I remember the best channel that Voom had by far was their HD News channel. I really loved when they had their weather section cause they had the best HD weather map around. I wonder if they kept that channel or not.

Its about quality not quantity! They market a lot of BS like right now they say they are the leaders in HD and have added 22 new channels? Reality the dropped 15 of the best HD channels on the market, namely Voom HD. What did they replace? well 7 new channels with real winners like the cartoon network and the weather channel. The others are already in SD and not very good channels plus most of the entire 22 are up converted weak and nowhere near VOOM HD quality!

They can add more and more crap and without quality like VOOM HD channels there is no reason to stay with dish as Directv is better and cheaper! Right now Directv has 90 HD and dish 80 at a lot more. I checked my price and I would save over 40% with directv! Why give money to a company that treats is HD customers like crap by dropping VOOM HD and cleary not asking us! We HD VOOM users pay the most per month and what they shape their weak programming around people whom spent 29-39 bucks a month? I pay about $130 a month!

Drop dish!

Its about quality not quantity! They market a lot of BS like right now they say they are the leaders in HD and have added 22 new channels? Reality the dropped 15 of the best HD channels on the market, namely Voom HD. What did they replace? well 7 new channels with real winners like the cartoon network and the weather channel. The others are already in SD and not very good channels plus most of the entire 22 are up converted weak and nowhere near VOOM HD quality!

They can add more and more crap and without quality like VOOM HD channels there is no reason to stay with dish as Directv is better and cheaper! Right now Directv has 90 HD and dish 80 at a lot more. I checked my price and I would save over 40% with directv! Why give money to a company that treats is HD customers like crap by dropping VOOM HD and cleary not asking us! We HD VOOM users pay the most per month and what they shape their weak programming around people whom spent 29-39 bucks a month? I pay about $130 a month!

Drop dish!

Sorry guys..Dish blew it with this sneaky underhanded move..

What a lousy company!

No. I don't pray to the holy TV gods.

We all know your a voom hater.

Im really tired of seeing you try to bait us.

Just do all all a favor and go to another thread.

SEE YA!!!

Yes, ill say it a hundred times!!!! I miss GReat 24hr all HD programming. Sorry your not up to the level!

We all know your a voom hater.

Im really tired of seeing you try to bait us.

Just do all all a favor and go to another thread.

SEE YA!!!

Yes, ill say it a hundred times!!!! I miss GReat 24hr all HD programming. Sorry your not up to the level!
I am not hater. But I understand the release of the Voom services. They were low ratings niche channels. In order for Dish to make room for more popular HD offerings, something had ot give. So VOOM went bye bye. This was done to serve a greater number of subs.

I am not hater. But I understand the release of the Voom services. They were low ratings niche channels. In order for Dish to make room for more popular HD offerings, something had ot give. So VOOM went bye bye. This was done to serve a greater number of subs.

Yes, Dish just had to get rid of true commercial free HD content and replace it with glorious SD stretch-o-vision or 4:3 SD content with side pillars that they pretend is HD. Of course, we're expected to pay a premium for such inferior content. What a joke!

Yes, Dish just had to get rid of true commercial free HD content and replace it with glorious SD stretch-o-vision or 4:3 SD content with side pillars that they pretend is HD. Of course, we're expected to pay a premium for such inferior content. What a joke!
You're missing the point.
Or ignoring it. Again, the numbers of viewers for the VOOM channels were not there.
So that's that. The decsion has been made.
Now, no one expects you or anyone else to pay for anything. If you are displeased with the channels available in HD, cancel you subscription to them. It's that simple. You have choices. Right now you choose to subscribe and complain. That is your right. But why not eliminate the source of your displeasure?

Dish has added a bunch of HD channels in the last few months that people here have been whining about wanting and now some of those same people are whining about those same channels because they don't have the HD on them. Amazing. You got what you asked for, it's not Dish's fault that the content isn't there. Bitch at the people that own the channels already.

Perhaps this move is more an indication of the knowledge/intelligence of the market Dish is hoping will become new subs. Dish was getting hurt by potential subs who compared D* and E* side by side and saw that D* had Toon HD, and a bunch of other "HD" channels that E* didn't offer. Never mind that these channels have very little genuine HD programming (unlike VOOM). It's all about the perception of potential subscribers who compare E* side by side with D*. And possibly the current subs who feel like they might be missing something by only getting Toon in SD, not realizing that the HD feed is just "stretch-o-vision" as salemtubes pointed out. So this move makes sense when you consider what the masses want, or think they want.
I have to admit, I wondered what I was missing by NOT getting Toon in HD. Now I know I was missing absolutely nothing.

[It's all about the perception of potential subscribers who compare E* side by side with D*.[/quote]

Marketing is 99% perception and 1% clearly stated facts. Now that E* & D* are somewhat more equivalent what differentiates them? As an experienced marketing professional VOOM would be a beneficial asset for either company. It all goes back to the "grass is greener" theory. A good marketer with make you covet what you don't have.

If you are displeased with the channels available in HD, cancel you subscription to them. It's that simple. You have choices. Right now you choose to subscribe and complain. That is your right. But why not eliminate the source of your displeasure?

Well, what if you're locked into a contract that you agreed to when Voom was on Dish, and now have to buy your way out?

Or you're one of the folks who can't imagine using another DVR? Just because you like parts of the service doesn't mean you can't be dissatisfied with others.

Well, what if you're locked into a contract that you agreed to when Voom was on Dish, and now have to buy your way out?

Read the agreement/contract you signed. That's a good start. Dish Network has the right to change any programming they want and, since the contract was signed, you can only leave within your contractual period with a fee. The two are unrelated.

Read the agreement/contract you signed. That's a good start. Dish Network has the right to change any programming they want and, since the contract was signed, you can only leave within your contractual period with a fee. The two are unrelated.

And that just about sums it up right there..Good post!!!!!
To most intelligent people, that would end the discussion.

DVR problems with box 522.

Picture pixlating

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)