Subliminal Messages

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
I'm watching the Yankees/Royals game on ESPN.

We're in the top of the third and a voice comes on in the background that says simply "the hopper".

I rewind to make sure I heard what I thought I heard.

There it is again, definitely - "the hopper".

I have a 722k. Is DISH subliminally telling me I should upgrade?

:)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It was not a commercial. It was in the middle of play by play.

I have an iPhone video clip but this app seems to only allow photo uploads. I'll see what I can do when I get on my desktop.

But it IS there!!!!

The problem is that this site will not allow .mov filetypes. I changed it to an .mpg filetype but the website still says it is a not allowed filetype. Any help on what extensions will be allowed and still enable a video upload?

Otherwise, if there is an alternate site, I can send it there.

If anyone has the 3rd inning on their own DVR, it's with no outs and Wheeler at bat for the Yankees. The comment appears immediately after the announcer says, "George Brett The Great Hall Of Famer"...

Right after that, the voice comes on with "the Hopper".

Background conversation?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

It ain't background conversation. It's totally extraneous.

If anyone has any experience with subliminal messages in movies, etc. they are usually microseconds long so as to not be discernible. In this case, we can actually hear the message.

Hey Scott:
I'm not trying to get this thing global.

My post was meant exclusively for our group.

I'm not trying to dis DISH, i'm only expressing an interest in a " possibility".

This was just weird.

You're going to eat your words.

If I wasn't familiar with this site and I suddenly heard "Hopper" during a ball game, I wouldn't know what it would mean..
The only "HOpper" that would come to mind is Dennis Hopper.

Scott, can we get files in a PM?
Nope.

The issue is the files are not deleted after being downloaded so we have these huge files sitting in the database just taking up room. If the software automatically deleted the files after they were downloaded or after a certain time period then maybe. But I also have concerns about illegal files being transferred. We are a satellite site so we need to be concerned about stuff like that. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)