Sunday Ticket 2015...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
will not be complete. One of the London games (Jags/Bills week 7) is going to be worldwide online only, and local TV in only the home markets. The ESPN ticker explicitly said the game will not be available on the Sunday Ticket platform. Has this ever happened before?

I don't think it has. I guess they think no one cares about those two teams except the local markets.
What is the scheduled kickoff time? If it is not on Sunday afternoon, that is probably why.

I see it is a 9:30 am start. I think they just wan't to see what kind of audience they can get for an online broadcast.

"For the first time in its history, the NFL will use something other than television to distribute the national broadcast of a football game, a person familiar with the situation said on Monday.
[...]
For this upcoming season’s Jacksonville Jaguars-Buffalo Bills game in Week 7, the NFL will sell the rights to a digital distribution company, be it Youtube, Facebook or another company."

Full Article (WSJ): http://www.wsj.com/articles/nfl-to-...a-internet-only-1427134766?mod=rss_Technology

Just plain silly and weird. Want to promote a streaming event, no problem. But give you paying customers (DirecTV = billions, and their customers = $300 plus each, more for commercial) what they are paying for - "all out of market football games".

Case in point when a game is delayed for weather they air it on sunday ticket anyway. Previous year international games were aired nationally by NFL Net or FOX or similar - but if they weren't they likely would have been on Sunday ticket.

It is just silly - go ahead and have a streaming worldwide event, but you don't need to be "exclusively streaming" to people paying big money (read DirecTV = billions).

Just plain silly and weird. Want to promote a streaming event, no problem. But give you paying customers (DirecTV = billions, and their customers = $300 plus each, more for commercial) what they are paying for - "all out of market football games".

Case in point when a game is delayed for weather they air it on sunday ticket anyway. Previous year international games were aired nationally by NFL Net or FOX or similar - but if they weren't they likely would have been on Sunday ticket.

It is just silly - go ahead and have a streaming worldwide event, but you don't need to be "exclusively streaming" to people paying big money (read DirecTV = billions).

This was my thought. Are these popular teams? Hardly. But, as you pointed out, we paid for all out of market football games... and Sunday Ticket Max was supposed to get us online access to the non-local, regional, SUNDAY games online... clearly not anymore.

Even if the streaming is free, it isn't a good change. There are football fans that may have poor internet, no internet, etc, that use satellite tv and pay for Sunday Ticket. There are bars that pay big money for it - and yes - some bars have customers at 9am (third shift factory areas for example).

To make it an "event" the stream will likely be free, but there is no reason they couldn't still give DirecTV airing rights for their big programming commitment.

I dropped Sunday Ticket last year as it continues to be less meaningful with the amount of free games - especially with getting two extra DMAs via antenna that often gets me a couple extra games too, as many weeks West Michigan has different games than East Michigan, with the exception of the Lions. Add the increased Thursday games, international games, etc, and i dropped it.

A side note - the Bills will be a much improved team this year and could contend for their division, along with Miami. It won't be an easy ride for the Pats anymore.

Even if the streaming is free, it isn't a good change. There are football fans that may have poor internet, no internet, etc, that use satellite tv and pay for Sunday Ticket. There are bars that pay big money for it - and yes - some bars have customers at 9am (third shift factory areas for example).

To make it an "event" the stream will likely be free, but there is no reason they couldn't still give DirecTV airing rights for their big programming commitment.

I dropped Sunday Ticket last year as it continues to be less meaningful with the amount of free games - especially with getting two extra DMAs via antenna that often gets me a couple extra games too, as many weeks West Michigan has different games than East Michigan, with the exception of the Lions. Add the increased Thursday games, international games, etc, and i dropped it.

A side note - the Bills will be a much improved team this year and could contend for their division, along with Miami. It won't be an easy ride for the Pats anymore.
I'm gonna guess that by the time this comes, D* will be showing it on the ST package as well.

to be honest, i don't even care about Sunday ticket, but after that huge deal D* signed with the NFL, I'm pulling the BS flag. if you don't use something you pay for, that's on you. if you don't GET something you're paying for, that's on them and it's wrong.

Reactions: ejb1980

I guess you haven't noticed what the Jets have done so far this offseason. That defense is special again.

and maybe 10% of people don't know to stream a game from the internet

Bars aren't going to want to pay for and then stream a game that they've already paid for.

Agreed. We should mention the bars and similar places in Hawaii that are still open at that time. Many Hooters-type places in the eastern time zone will have the usual NFL crowd coming in during the second half of that early game, too, and if there's a game going on, they're going to expect it to be on. How many places advertise "every NFL game" and have for years because of Sunday Ticket?

This is a bad idea - taking something away from paying customers to expand into new providers can't be a good thing.

will not be complete. One of the London games (Jags/Bills week 7) is going to be worldwide online only, and local TV in only the home markets. The ESPN ticker explicitly said the game will not be available on the Sunday Ticket platform. Has this ever happened before?
Get used to it....The future of TV is streaming on line.

This was my thought. Are these popular teams? Hardly. But, as you pointed out, we paid for all out of market football games... and Sunday Ticket Max was supposed to get us online access to the non-local, regional, SUNDAY games online... clearly not anymore.
Actually NFL ST does not show "all" OOM games. Nationally televised games on ESPN and NBC are not on ST.
None of the Thanksgiving Day games are shown on ST either.
The Bills/Jets game is going to relatively small audience. In fact the Jets have the NFL's smallest fan base and it is local to the NY Metro area.
The streaming test is most likely so the NFL can determine how much interest streaming an NFL game will draw.

Actually NFL ST does not show "all" OOM games. Nationally televised games on ESPN and NBC are not on ST.
None of the Thanksgiving Day games are shown on ST either.
The Bills/Jets game is going to relatively small audience. In fact the Jets have the NFL's smallest fan base and it is local to the NY Metro area.
The streaming test is most likely so the NFL can determine how much interest streaming an NFL game will draw.

I think you mean Bills/Jaguars. And no, the Jets do not have the smallest fan base in the NFL. Not even close.

I think you mean Bills/Jaguars. And no, the Jets do not have the smallest fan base in the NFL. Not even close.
I would say the Green Bay Packers or the Bengals have the smallest market.

Sent from Note 3

Market, but not fan base. The Packers have a large fan base and if I had to guess the smallest it would be Jacksonville. I just looked it up on Google and Green Bay was the largest and the Jaguars were the smallest. Buffalo was 9th believe it or not. My team was 2nd.

Reactions: AZ.
Market, but not fan base. The Packers have a large fan base and if I had to guess the smallest it would be Jacksonville. I just looked it up on Google and Green Bay was the largest and the Jaguars were the smallest. Buffalo was 9th believe it or not. My team was 2nd.

Yea I agree, the NFL still has everyone thinking that lil ol Green bay is owned by the town....Which is far from true....LOL...Kinda like Americas team mentality....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)