Super Joey Upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is a shame as far as the Super Joey goes.

I can see why Dish didn't add the capability though. I'm sure it keeps their costs down some on the Joeys and you already have the ability to connect the OTA dongle to the Hopper. Since it's connected to the Hopper and the Joeys are integrated with the Hopper, you're able to see the OTA channels on the Joeys. Since you can view the OTA channels on the Joeys why would Dish feel the need to add the ability for an OTA dongle to be connected to it as well?

I get that we are super users and want the most tuners possible but it just doesn't matter to Dish. If Dish were going to allow any extra OTA dongles to connect I would assume they would just allow a 2nd at the Hopper.

That amounts to the same thing as a line directly from the LNBF.
In the training materials dish put out for the SJ. They explicitly say in the training video and handout that a SJ only works with a single hopper and solo node.
It may be technologically possible (I haven't tried it), but Dish probably won't even allow a SJ with more than 1 Hopper.
It just seems to me that there would be many families that would prefer to have a separate system, perhaps a Hopper and Joey setup for the kids exclusive use and isolated from the Hopper/SuperJoey system in the same house and attached to the Dish.
I would expect that this would be easy with the use of two DPP44s cascaded.

I would expect that soon after the hardware becomes available, someone, perhaps me, will try it.

I would start by trying it with one DPP44 and a duo node, and if that didn't work would get a second DPP44 or a DPP33 and use my solo node for the Hopper/SuperJoey setup and my duo node for the second Hopper.

I want the flexibility of having a second Hopper available quickly in case my main Hopper dies.

I can see why Dish didn't add the capability though. I'm sure it keeps their costs down some on the Joeys and you already have the ability to connect the OTA dongle to the Hopper. Since it's connected to the Hopper and the Joeys are integrated with the Hopper, you're able to see the OTA channels on the Joeys. Since you can view the OTA channels on the Joeys why would Dish feel the need to add the ability for an OTA dongle to be connected to it as well?

I get that we are super users and want the most tuners possible but it just doesn't matter to Dish. If Dish were going to allow any extra OTA dongles to connect I would assume they would just allow a 2nd at the Hopper.
No,I'm just using the example of if the only way to access an OTA connection because of location is the Super Joey instead of the Hopper,why not allow it? The Super Joey's two tuners are already integrated with the Hopper,why not be able to integrate an OTA connection to the Hopper via the Super Joey as well? I get because it wasn't made to do that,but it would have been nice if that was the only way you could get an OTA connection.

Seems to me like it should work just fine.

I think it might work to. I have a spare DDP44 switch. I could cascade a third DPP44 switch to my system and purchase a Solo Node and SJ and try it out since Dish will not allow a SJ with more than one Hopper. I wonder who manufactures the Integrator! I checked Holland Electronics catalog and didn't see one.

No,I'm just using the example of if the only way to access an OTA connection because of location is the Super Joey instead of the Hopper,why not allow it?

Right. Plus there is the issue (for me) of losing TWO OTA tuners going down to one Hopper and one SJ.

It just seems to me that there would be many families that would prefer to have a separate system, perhaps a Hopper and Joey setup for the kids exclusive use and isolated from the Hopper/SuperJoey system in the same house and attached to the Dish.
I would expect that this would be easy with the use of two DPP44s cascaded.

I would expect that soon after the hardware becomes available, someone, perhaps me, will try it.

I would start by trying it with one DPP44 and a duo node, and if that didn't work would get a second DPP44 or a DPP33 and use my solo node for the Hopper/SuperJoey setup and my duo node for the second Hopper.

I want the flexibility of having a second Hopper available quickly in case my main Hopper dies.

I am not disagreeing, but it is only going to be possible if Dish allows accounts to be built that way. Outside of having separate accounts or a showroom type deal I don't know if they will allow it (from the way things are worded in the training materials).

I am not disagreeing, but it is only going to be possible if Dish allows accounts to be built that way. Outside of having separate accounts or a showroom type deal I don't know if they will allow it (from the way things are worded in the training materials).
Gotcha, I understand your point of view now. I'd wager that Dish will allow a dual Hopper, SuperJoey system but will have to wait and see. My planned setup would be a SuperJoey super system.

I just had a Hopper w/sling installed in place of a Hopper 2k and the tech told me he thinks the Super Joey goes live next week. He even has 3 of them on his truck. Not set in stone, but that seems like it's pretty likely. Won't help me, I have 3 Hoppers already.

Offhand, I'd say you don't need any help. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I just had a Hopper w/sling installed in place of a Hopper 2k and the tech told me he thinks the Super Joey goes live next week. He even has 3 of them on his truck. Not set in stone, but that seems like it's pretty likely. Won't help me, I have 3 Hoppers already.

March 13 has been mentioned in at least one thread.

Gee, this Super Joey is as exciting as the new Cosmos on Fox and NatGeo tonight. Good Times like the good ol days.
So glad I have a Hopper/Joey and a VIP211 to record this fabulous stuff.

Do we know anything about the Wireless Joey yet and what we can expect performance-wise relative to the original Joey?

March 13 has been mentioned in at least one thread.

Confirmed from a couple different CSRs from Dish as this Thursday for start date. I was told I do not have an upgrade fee for this, but a tech visit is required - $ 15 if you have the PP, $ 95 if you don't.

4 months min of protection plan means $ 43 out the door if you want to swap a regular Joey for a Super - not sure I want to pull the trigger if it takes a tech payout to get it done.

Could have used the xtra tuners last night when Cosmos was recording, good thing I have the OTA tuner which gave a better picture anyway. Are they already taking orders already? Anyone with experience know if they will supply the DPP 44 (I have a 211k off the 3rd lnb output)?

I was originally going to get 2 hoppers and glad the csr talked me out of it. The tuner limitation was my only concern.

Status
Please reply by conversation.