Super Joey Upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't plan on adding it to my system since I don't want to raise my bill anymore. I'm waiting to see if I can add it to my showroom here or if I need to swap out my existing Joey.

I just unboxed it and it's nothing crazy. Same form as a regular Joey but larger, smaller than a 211k or 211z receiver though. Has a smart card slot on the left side. Comes with the same remote as the Hopper and Joey and includes batteries. Also has the usual A/V cables along with HDMI cable. The required Integrator is included in the box, part number 200235.

Not sure if it's worth taking pics and posting them since I believe everyone has seen what it looks like.

I just unboxed it and it's nothing crazy. Same form as a regular Joey but larger, smaller than a 211k or 211z receiver though. Has a smart card slot on the left side. Comes with the same remote as the Hopper and Joey and includes batteries. Also has the usual A/V cables along with HDMI cable. The required Integrator is included in the box, part number 200235.

Not sure if it's worth taking pics and posting them since I believe everyone has seen what it looks like.

So it looks like they will need to run another cable from the Dish down to this integrator box - so I will have 3 cables from the LNBF to my junction - 2 for the Hopper/Joey and 1 for the Super Joey? (I have a 2 Joey, 1 Hopper setup right now.) Yet another cable nailed to the siding.

If we already have a Hopper/2 Joey setup, does that mean we already have the LNBF we need? (Newbie question, I know - I THINK I have a 1000.4 but how do we know for sure?)

Yes, an additional sat feed will be needed. That was never in doubt. It won't work via LAN only as the tuners come from the sat feed.

If you currently have a dish that says "Dish HD" or "Turbo HD" you have a compatible LNB. Whether it's a 1k2/1k4 makes no difference. They both have 3 outputs on them. 2 for the node, 1 for the integrator.

Yes, an additional sat feed will be needed. That was never in doubt. It won't work via LAN only as the tuners come from the sat feed.

If you currently have a dish that says "Dish HD" or "Turbo HD" you have a compatible LNB. Whether it's a 1k2/1k4 makes no difference. They both have 3 outputs on them. 2 for the node, 1 for the integrator.

Thanks! Mine says Turbo HD.

is there any advantage of the super joey over the hopper besides the reduce monthly fee? I would like to upgrade when the wireless joeys are available to 2 hoppers & 2 joeys......but now wonder if I gain anything replacing 1 hopper with a super joey

is there any advantage of the super joey over the hopper besides the reduce monthly fee? I would like to upgrade when the wireless joeys are available to 2 hoppers & 2 joeys......but now wonder if I gain anything replacing 1 hopper with a super joey

Full Integration would be the big thing if you consider that an advantage (for me, it will be...for others it may not.). One single repository for timers, recordings, conflict mgmt, etc. vs. having to split things manually across two Hoppers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts