Please reply by conversation.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
SWM-13 LNB First Look
http://hr20.dbstalk.com/docs/SWM-13_First_Look.pdf

You know,when I reactivated my HR23-700 to go with my HR24-200,HR24-500,HR22-100,H25-500,& H24-700,I suffered from heat exhaustion climbing up to the roof of my house,changing my SWM SL-3 LNB to a 4-Cable LNB,hooked up my SWM-16 multi-switch,exchanged my SWM-8 splitter for 2 SWM-4 splitters,& you DON'T WANT TO KNOW how I initially got up on my roof when my neighbor saw me,& had mercy on me by allowing me to borrow from him a PROPER ladder instead of the guaranteed neck breaking "death trap" I put together to get up on my roof........All that to say how many steps I could have saved if THIS was available at the time of my "adventure." I still would have needed to borrow a ladder,but everything else would have been just fine for my HR23-700 to be added to the system.

So does this mean that folks that live in a 119 (SD) locals market, &/or that want Spanish/Chinese prog, are SOL for this solution???
Sd locals are on 103 in hd so it's just the sd feed lost but as of now yes you are correct.

Also aside from new pictures there is no other new information in the first look on dbst that hasn't been here for months. The only thing is it can be interpreted that this will run on the 21v pi based on the install instructions. And that may or may not even be correct. My dma is not a test market so well have to wait for other inhouse techs to reply to see what the test markets are.

Some areas get their locals from 103 or 99 only, but many get their sd locals from 119.

By my count, 65 dmas get at least some of their local sd channels from 119. Most of those 65 get all of them from 119. Not exactly a few.

Is a switch that allows 13 tuners. The SWM 16 requires 4 lines just like this one does however 1 line in can run up to 13 tuners where 2 lines are required to run 16 tuners. It's a great idea for large prewired homes that only have 1 feed going in to the On-Q panel or the center of the home where getting lines are nearly impossible.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is a switch that allows 13 tuners. The SWM 16 requires 4 lines just like this one does however 1 line in can run up to 13 tuners where 2 lines are required to run 16 tuners. It's a great idea for large prewired homes that only have 1 feed going in to the On-Q panel or the center of the home where getting lines are nearly impossible.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Technically this is an lnb not a switch although there is a multiswitch integrated lol. But yea plain and simple english.. this is a godsend to techs.. it allows us to run 13 tuners straight off the dish using one wire without the need for an external multiswitch which would require four wires. As hutch said this is great for homes that have multiple dvr's and a genie. Or any combination of receivers equalling greater than 8 tuners.

Technically this is an lnb not a switch although there is a multiswitch integrated lol. But yea plain and simple english.. this is a godsend to techs.. it allows us to run 13 tuners straight off the dish using one wire without the need for an external multiswitch which would require four wires. As hutch said this is great for homes that have multiple dvr's and a genie. Or any combination of receivers equalling greater than 8 tuners.
So it only takes 1 line from the LNB to feed the recvs instead of 4 to a SWM16 ?

Did I read that wrong ?

Sounds like one of you guys said one thing and the other said the other.

So it only takes 1 line from the LNB to feed the recvs instead of 4 to a SWM16 ?

Did I read that wrong ?

Sounds like one of you guys said one thing and the other said the other.
Yea hutch messed up a little lol... yes this is an lnb just like a swm5 or swm3 except it provides 13 tuners as opposed to 8. It hooks up with existing swm splitters no new hardware is needed.

1 wire for 13 tuners instead of 4 for 16.

I think he was confusing this with the already released swmd13 multiswitch.

Yea hutch messed up a little lol... yes this is an lnb just like a swm5 or swm3 except it provides 13 tuners as opposed to 8. It hooks up with existing swm splitters no new hardware is needed.

1 wire for 13 tuners instead of 4 for 16.

I think he was confusing this with the already released swmd13 multiswitch.
This is AWESOME !

Any chance that this SWM13 will eventually lead to us being able to have more than 1 HR44 on an account ?

I doubt this hardware would impact that, they've been capable with the SWM16 forever. I think the one genie is a business decision to minimize account stacking and minimize up front leased equipment costs for Directv.

Any chance that this SWM13 will eventually lead to us being able to have more than 1 HR44 on an account ?

I doubt this hardware would impact that, they've been capable with the SWM16 forever. I think the one genie is a business decision to minimize account stacking and minimize up front leased equipment costs for Directv.

I figured ...

Was just wondering out loud ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)