SWM-13 LNB First Look

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So the SWM 13 Multi switch still needs 4 lines but the SWM 13 LNB only needs 1 line. I'd go with the LNB over the Multi Switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The multiswitch is designed for commercial accounts where there is a legacy LNB and usually more than one multiswitch. The SWM13 LNB is a substitute for an SWM (8) LNB....

1 wire,2 wires........GOING OUT,I could beat myself in the head right now,NOW I GET IT.:facepalm
Of course,both the SWM-13 & SWM-16 multi-switches need 4 wires coming in from an LNB,but the SWM-13 only has 1 wire going OUT to 1 splitter,while the SWM-16 has 2 wires going out to connect to 2 splitters. I don't know why I thought that the SWM-13 multi-switch only needed 1 or 2 wires running from the LNB to it.

Confusion confusion....
This post is about the SWM 13 LNB. It is installed at the dish like any other LNB, and has one cable running to the house. There is also (unfortunately) an SWM 13 multiswitch, which Claude reported on, that is connected to the dish via four cables just like any other multiswitch.

Reactions: Jimbo
1 wire,2 wires........GOING OUT,I could beat myself in the head right now,NOW I GET IT.:facepalm
Of course,both the SWM-13 & SWM-16 multi-switches need 4 wires coming in from an LNB,but the SWM-13 only has 1 wire going OUT to 1 splitter,while the SWM-16 has 2 wires going out to connect to 2 splitters. I don't know why I thought that the SWM-13 multi-switch only needed 1 or 2 wires running from the LNB to it.
Ding, Ding, Ding !!!

It took me a bit to realize what was being said as well, but when I realized they were discussing 2 different devices, I understood.
You have a SWM 13 LNB(1 line) and a SWM multiswitch (4 lines) !

Got a question for the real installers (unlike myself that do this as a hobby).

Doesn't SWM stand for Single Wire MS.

If that the case, Why do they call the other new device (SWM Multiswitch ) what they do, it clearly needs more than 1 line to feed it ....

Unfortunately, Tex and I posted on the same thing, I posted my reply to another before reading the rest of the posts in the thread.

The swm multiswitch is actually called a DSWM13, the lnb is a swm13.

Got a question for the real installers (unlike myself that do this as a hobby).

Doesn't SWM stand for Single Wire MS.

If that the case, Why do they call the other new device (SWM Multiswitch ) what they do, it clearly needs more than 1 line to feed it ....

You are correct. There is an internal integrated multiswitch inside swm lnbs. It "will" provide either 8 or 13 tuners.

It has to do with internal vs external. Technically there is an integrated multiswitch in 18 x2 0s and traditional ka.ku lnbs as well. But this is all just fyi and not really relevant.

...because it is not available yet and we don't know when that will be. Check with solid signal, they will be among the first to get them....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts