SWM error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robert Wagner

Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Toronto
I just installed an SWM 3 (single coax connection) with an HR 24 receiver. Set up confirms the SWM 3 selection. I have the SWM power inserter connected. Signal strength at sat 101 is 95%. The error I get is SWM. Not detected. The SWM field is selected in set up. I know the cable is good as the signal is at 95%. This is an additional set up at a different location than my primary. What am I missing.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Robert Wagner!

If the power inserter is connected and working correctly, but you are getting a swm error, then the dish is probably not aligned correctly. Is it a 775 error? Can you post your signal levels on all of the satellites?

I only have signal from the 101 satellite. Having trouble getting signals for 103 and 99. I guess I must-have these? No error code. Just no SWM detected

What are the signal strengths on all transponders on 101?

This is what I have for sat 101 when set to multiswitch. 96 0 91 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 95 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 91 0 95 0 83 0. I only get this when not set to SWM for sat 99 all 0 for transponders 1-14 and NA. For the balance.

A swm setup will self detect the correct dish setting when it receives the right signal from the dish. What is your zip code and what settings are you using for azimuth, elevation, and skew?

According to dishpointer.com, you should use 220, 34, 67. You probably aren't pointing at 101.

You probably looked at the true instead of magnetic azimuth.

BTW, your longitude and latitude numbers don't match with the postal code you gave. Actually, the longitude does, but the latitude doesn't. According to dishpointer.com, it should be 44, not 47.

If your getting swm not detected than the lnb is not getting power from the power inserter properly... your signal strength is irrelevant at this point since the dish isn't powered. Check your connections and your cabling. Make sure the power to swm is running to the lnb.

If your getting swm not detected than the lnb is not getting power from the power inserter properly... your signal strength is irrelevant at this point since the dish isn't powered. Check your connections and your cabling. Make sure the power to swm is running to the lnb.

I mentioned it in the second post, but forgot about it when he didn't say anything about it. Thanks for bringing it up Kitty.

If you are getting SWM not detected then the signal levels are irrelevant, the system is simply not working. Forget the signal levels for the moment and concentrate on getting SWM. Either the SWM power inserter is not connected, or you have a cable problem, or an LNB problem.

EDIT: Sorry, I see twizt3dkitty has already made pretty well the same post. So I agree with him!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)