Syfy's '12 Monkeys' Sets Stars, Showrunner

'12 Monkeys' Producer on Syfy Series: 'It's a Complete Reimagining'

Don’t expect Syfy’s 12 Monkeys to be a replica of Terry Gilliam’s 1995 movie.

“It’s a complete reimagining,” co-executive producer Terry Matalas told reporters Monday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. “We were all big fans of the original film and had a deep love and respect for the material. We didn’t want to just redo what the movie does.”

“This isn’t a cover band of the film,” added star Amanda Schull. Co-executive producer Travis Fickett echoed that sentiment: “It doesn’t make sense to tell the same story again.”

12 Monkeys centers on a time traveler, Cole (Aaron Stanford), from the post-apocalyptic future who appears in the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate the human race.

The team behind the 13-episode series, scheduled for a January 2015 launch, intentionally switched up the rules to freshen things up and differentiate the universe.

hollywoodreporter.com

LOOKS good but if they go any where like the movie did, you know that the future leaders change their minds and decide to use time travel to insure that the world still dies out like it was supposed to , so they can stay in power. So if you watch this show that thought will stay in the back of you mind the entire time.

"A complete reimaging" tells me we are just keeping the same name because it is familiar and possibly could provide some audience, but nothing like the movie.

"A complete reimaging" tells me we are just keeping the same name because it is familiar and possibly could provide some audience, but nothing like the movie.

I don't know, he keeps telling them they are all dead anyway. Because it sounds very much like the same show to me. I guess will see when it hits the tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts