Tailgater Pros and Cons

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

octanefam

Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
Looking to buy a Tailgater tonight want to know the pros and cons with one. This will be primarily used for tailgating purposes. Need to get one before the Seahawk game on Thursday.

Thanks

what kind of receivers do you have first?
if you have the hopper system you will have to buy a 211 or 311 to use with the tailgater.

quickest way if you want one by Thursday is track down an internal dish tech(the tech will gladly sell you one) or find out where your local dish warehouse/shop is and show up early around 8 am or later in the afternoon and get one that away.

or you can go through normal dish channels and order either a tailgater by itself or the combo kit but I dont think you will get it by Thursday.

Craigslist is AWESOME to me:) Comes with the Tailgater and a 211 for a screaming deal! Seller bought a Motorhome and the person that he bought it from her husband died after they used it once and she sold the RV and then moved to the east coast and the seller doesn't have use Dish so he's selling it. That doesnt sound right but get my point I'm sure.

Thanks

Advantage, simple to set up easy to use, reliable.

Disadvantage: only gets WA satellites, only works with 211 family receivers, and is finicky if you choose to use a cable longer then 50 Ft. Also, single cable connection will also prevent it from being finicky, compared to other auto dishes that do not typically have those issues.

Before people say "mine works, and it's 100' and I have it connected to 5 barrell connectors, you can even ask long controls. The manual even states no more then 50' for consistency and no splits in the cable.

I would recommend the tailgater for tailgating. It really is a great product. And really is simple to use.

Well I'm in WA so not a problem but how are my in laws using this across the country while they are out and about if only WA satellites?

It'll work out there. The WA satellites cover almost all the US(it's range is truly outstanding), as long as they can hit that coordinate. The tailgater may be a little touchy the further NE you go, but is still doable

The Tailgater is fantastic when it's working properly. I have had mine since it came out and it's worked flawlessly but I know a lot of people who have had issues with them. I also sell them and I've had customers that had major issues with them. Most of the people that I've seen have problems are ones that use the Tailgater for extended periods of time, like camping for a week or longer. I think it has issues being continuously connected to a receiver. I only use mine for tailgating so it only gets used a few times a year and I think that's why mine hasn't had an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)