Tapatalk Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just a preference, but here lately I think a mobile browser is the way to go. :D
IC, guess I should try out the apps sometime, maybe they are better. The Chrome mobile browser sure is fast and easy for me. Which seems better to you between SatelliteGuys reader app and Tapatalk?

By mobile browser I meant Chrome.
Tapatalk is the one to use when it is working right, if you want to try one.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What's weird is after I reinstalled it, every setting was retained. I didn't even have to log back in. Usually you start from scratch after reinstalling an app.

Sent from my LG-H900 using the SatelliteGuys app!

So I reinstalled it several times again, clearing the cache and everything I could think of. This app will not do notifications anymore.
MTalk on my PC does.

Sent from my LG-H900 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I get like and conversation notifications fine.
Other stuff is random and I even get notifications for threads that I have not even viewed.
Like I said though, if someone likes a post I make or sends me a PM, those have been fine.

I get like and conversation notifications fine.
Other stuff is random and I even get notifications for threads that I have not even viewed.
Like I said though, if someone likes a post I make or sends me a PM, those have been fine.
See, like this one just now. mTalk did it just fine. Nothing on the Reader app. If I open the app, THEN it updates it and i see it under the bell up top.

See, like this one just now. mTalk did it just fine. Nothing on the Reader app. If I open the app, THEN it updates it and i see it under the bell up top.
OH BTW, as you just reminded me, I get notifications just fine if someone quotes my posts also.

All you can do is contact Tapatalk as we have no control over it.
Yes, I know many have and have not gotten very far.
Like has been said I wish there were another similar service like TapaTalk, we sure would try it out. :)

Reactions: ralfyguy
I guess I'm not sure why you guys are still using Tapatalk when there seems to be so many problems with it. I'm saying this as someone who paid for Tapatalk twice to have both the iPhone and iPad versions years ago to use with various forums. I was a big proponent of Tapatalk for a long time.

Since Satellite Guys switched over to XenForo I have found the iOS version of Safari to be a much better experience than Tapatalk. Everything just works the exact same way as it does when I'm visiting from a PC.

I haven't used Tapatalk in a very long time at this point but I seem to remember getting weird ads (taptalk ads, not Sat Guys ads) too. These were really annoying as someone who paid for Tapatalk before there was a free option and also pays for a pub membership. When I visit from iOS Safari I get the same ad free experience with the fresh blue theme that I get on the PC.

The mobile browser just seems like a better experience in pretty much every way. The only thing you lose (to my knowledge) is push notifications and it sounds like those aren't working properly in Tapatalk right now anyways.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We use it still because a few hundred folks still use it.

The ad issue (where they were inserting their own ads... with no $$ going to us) is gone... to many people bitched and they stopped doing it.

As far as the notification issues go, there is one setting for that where we put in our unique ID number, that number is used when it talks to Tapatalks servers to send a notification and says hey this message is from SatelliteGuys.

We have no other settings for notifications than that.

I get notifications for replies to my posts, new private messages and whenever someone likes one of my posts. I haven't had any issues getting notifications from here.

Tapatalk works fine for me and honestly it is to the point that I don't visit forums that don't support it. Sure it has glitches but what app/product doesn't. Did you check your notification settings outside the app? In iOS you can turn off notifications in the Settings panel and the app still show they are enabled.

We use it still because a few hundred folks still use it.

The ad issue (where they were inserting their own ads... with no $$ going to us) is gone... to many people bitched and they stopped doing it.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that Satellite Guys shouldn't support Tapatalk. It's great to have that option available for those who want to use it. What I meant by my opening question is why are the users here who seem to be having lots of problems with Tapatalk using it instead of the browser on their phones?

Looking back it it, my post seems more negative than I intended it to be. I'm all for having lots of choices so everyone gets something they are happy with. What I was really trying to get at is that viewing the site through a mobile browser is such a good experience these days that I think a lot of people who have posted about Tapatalk problems in this thread would be happier using that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts