Temp housing and moving

Dave_Sat

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Bend, OR
I'm in a situation where I want to be sure I don't miss episodes of shows. I'm moving cities but won't be able to close on a house until approximately a month after moving. In the meantime I'll be staying at temp housing in a condo complex that includes cable but am unsure on their satellite policies. Any thoughts on how in the interim to be sure the shows we record continue to record through December and possibly part of January. Luckily there's a lot of shows taking winter breaks but still.

You can take your dish with you, set it up RV style, and run the cable through your window. That would be an ok, non penetrating install that you can do on your own. Hardest part is you would need a base. You can search for square box base. It's approx twice the size of the antenna.

Me personally I would put the dish on pause. You can catch a lot of the shows you want on streaming these days
Claude, can you think of the name of the base I am talking about. For the life of me, I cannot remember it, but it is the easiest name ever. It's the same one we use to train on Dishes.

You talking about the thick black rubber square made from old recycled rubber? I can't remember the name but its a red tag item at Dish (no longer used)

take your receivers to a friend who has dish hopefully it can support a extra receiver or 2.. have it record the shows you want from its temporary home

Sort of, but not quite. Actually when I went looking after your post, I saw some better tripod ones for a temporary setting. Those would be easier to carry, as they would take up less space.

It appears plans have changed so it might only be a two week outage so I might be able to convince my wife to stream whatever we miss - usually if we leave something to streaming that means it never ends up being watched as there's more than enough content on our Hopper to begin with. I'll take a look at the tripod mounts though - if the porch is facing the correct direction that could work.

Also, it's a new city so the friend option isn't going to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)