Texas

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
This is the thread to discuss cable companies and HD available on them in Texas.

Dallas, TX Comcast HD Offerings-Slim Pickins...

seems about a good place to get decent feeds of HD Network programming-somethingALL the sat companies should be doing but aren't...not much else tho :eek:
648 STARZ! HD

649 Cinemax HD

650 Showtime HD

651 HBO HD

652 WFAA (ABC) HD

653 KXAS (NBC) HD

654 KTVT (CBS) HD

655 KDFW (FOX) HD

656 KERA (PBS) HD

667 DISCOVERY HD

668 ESPN HD

669 INHD

670 INHD2

My little town of Grand Prairie, TX...not much better

Oh well, about the same offerings in Grand Prairie, but I may go ahead and see if I can get just the HD channels-notice that Comcast isn't even offering some of the independant channels in GP that they are in Dallas...

202 ESPN HD

205 Discovery HD

206 iNHD 1

207 iNHD 2

210 ABC (WFAA) HD

211 NBC (KXAS) HD

212 CBS (KTVT) HD

213 FOX (KDFW) HD

214 WB (KDAF) HD

220 PBS (KERA) HD

228 HBO HD

233 Cinemax HD

238 Showtime HD

248 STARZ! HD

Well, I "ordered" the HDTV package from Co,cast mainly to get the local channels here in HD-what a bunch of thieves these guys are-and misleading to boot, but i went to sat from cable years ago for this reason and i guess things don't change...

I just got Comcast HD installed. The dual tuner HD box (Motorola 6412) is very nice. The HD is just as good as E*. I have it connected via DVI to a 57 inch Sony Projection TV. The On Demand feature hooked me on cable within 2 minutes of playing with it. The remote is a bit clunkier and the guide scrolls backwards from E*, but so far so good.

Lubbock, TX HD

Cox Cable

703 KTXT PBS HD
710 Discovery HD Theater
720 Espn HD
730 Inhd 1
731 Inhd 2
732 Universal HD
740 HBO HD
750 Showtime HD
760 Starz HD
Motorola 6412 Now available
HD quality is what Cox does best with Discovery HD looking the best, but not as good as Vooms (and its not perfect). Digital cable is very bad and pixelates often. Analog cable is very fuzzy. Everychannel with DVR will run you about $95.

z71tahoe193 said:
Cox Cable

HD quality is what Cox does best with Discovery HD looking the best, but not as good as Vooms (and its not perfect). Digital cable is very bad and pixelates often. Analog cable is very fuzzy. Everychannel with DVR will run you about $95.

There was a story in the Amarillo paper this morning regarding Cox Cable in West Texas and apparently it is for sale.

Haven't seen the article yet, but I will be lookin. Not to concerned though because I am currently with Voom. If they do sell though I hope they can put more work into the lines because when I had it, there was nothing but problems. I believe that NTS also offers cable service but only in a limited section of the town. I told my neighbors about the service though, and think that the DVR is the coolest thing around. Just wish Voom would come out with one.

Comcast HD replacing my VaVaBoom

I guess I'll be spending more of my time in here now that Voom is nearly over. I'll keep my service as long as it stays up, but I went ahead and signed up for service in Coppell. Really good deal going too...

$29.95 for Gold package (2 movie channels)
$29.95 High speed internet
$9.95 HD-DVR
$0 no fee for HD
$5.95 for each addition non-DVR box
$15.90 for each additional HD-DVR Box

So my bill dropped $77/mo. I lose the 21 Voom exclusives, HD-UPN, TNTHD, UniversalHD, and 2 HD movie channels, but gain 2 other HD channels Voom is missing. I think it is a fair trade-off. Especially when my neighbors HD quality is currently better than Vooms (those badly tuned encoders), I was completely shocked.

I will miss UniversalHD, especially since they will soon show BSG in pure HD glory. I can only hope Comcast adds the missing HD channels soon.

BTW, Comcast is installing FTTC in my area. Not sure when it will come online though. I heard they will offer 40mbit/sec internet service when it does.

HD at last said:
I guess I'll be spending more of my time in here now that Voom is nearly over. I'll keep my service as long as it stays up, but I went ahead and signed up for service in Coppell. Really good deal going too...

Yeah, I guess I'm going to be here for a while too. I'm thinking about making a black armband with the Voom logo... I've been surfing between The E*, D*, and Comcast sites (I'm in Carrollton) and I'm beginning to think I'm going to go with Comcast. I used to be a diehard E* fan - had them for 6 years. But none of them have all of the channels we're losing (not counting the Voom 21). I've really gotten hooked on TNTHD and UniversalHD. Sigh...

sbh

I'm in Dallas and I was a voomer, I'm now a very happy Comcast guy. Their HD-DVR is awesome for costing nothing. My VaVaVoom package plus DSL line cost me about $170 a month all said and done. My Comcast one bill costs me $75 a month. That's a huge $100 savings, I'm all for it.

OnDemand is where the future is and until sat. develops effective two-way communication, I don't see them really competing technology wise. But, they have customer service issues! Much easier for dish to fix a satellite problem then Comcast to fix a cable problem. Damn wires!

Ft. Worth

Charter currently offers these HD channels.

770 HDNet
771 HDNet Movies
773 ESPN HD
775 Discovery HD Theater
777 HBO HD East
778 Showtime HD East
780 KXAS - NBC
784 KDFW- FOX
788 WFAA- ABC

Slim pickings.

WB HD and TNT HD are supposed to be added soon but no ETA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)