The Alternative

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My 20 year old son loves your show. :). I think one we get you setup in automation we are going to repeat the show... Or maybe even offer it a few nights a week. :)

Now where did that Krazy Keaven go? We need a hair bands show.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I am away from the studio this week and haven't gotten the automated show set up yet. Please continue to enjoy the best of the 80's on SatelliteGuys Radio. The Alternative will return next week at it's regular time. :)

Tune in tonight at 8pm EDT for the Alternative....now broadcasting directly from the SatelliteGuys Radio studios! :D

Some of the best new rock & a few Alternative classics too! Coming up at 8 eastern> :)

Not sure I like getting cut off by Titanium before the song is even finished. And the Home Depot ad played 3 times in a row. At this rate we'll be down to 5 songs an hour soon......:facepalm

Brians ad should have not interrupted your song. I will look into that.

The ads you hear are based off of your browsing style. Everyone hears different commercials when they play. (Try listening with your phone and computer at the same time and you will see what I mean) :)

How many minutes of ads does your local station play? I think the national average is now 17 minutes an hour... (OUCH!) We play enough commercials to hopefully pay the royalties for the music you are playing.

There are a total of 4 minutes of ads an hour. That is 56 minutes an hour without ads. Not too bad in the big scope of things.

I understand paying for operating expenses and royalties. The wife was sitting at the computer doing something while the station was also playing & the Home Depot ad played 3 times. She said if it keeps doing it she was turning it off. I get the targeted ad thing but not sure why 3 times is all. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)