The Banished Words....do YOU agree?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
True but "Photoshoped" is what annoys me. :)

I guess I never favored "Xeroxed" either. It suggests a brand to be used. Maybe its because I had a career in advertising. If I'm going to push a brand name, I want paid for that. :D

Aww, just grab a Kleenex and have a good cry :D

When my wife tells me to go to Sam's Club to buy Kleenex she means it -- since its the only brand we buy of tissues. :D

I don't here xeroxed nearly as much any more, and can't tell you the last time I used an "actual" xerox machine.

"trickeration" is a very popular yet humorous made up sports caster / announcer / coach-speak word that was introduced in the early 2000's (or there-about), if you are a coach/player of US football, a avid watcher of the NFL, NCAA football or ESPN you have heard this (or just simply missed it); otherwise I can see how you haven't. It is also the title of a Cab Calloway song from the 30's.
:D:D:D:D

Cab Calloway - Trickeration - YouTube
Had never heard the term used otherwise but the sports isn't part of my vocabulary.

I think I remember seeing "it is what it is" on a past list. The Real Housewives show made that phrase way overused a few years ago. I do hear 'baby bump' but another one that is used by older ladies, is 'with child'.. I just told ppl I was pregnant, it kept it sweet and simple! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts