The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

Found a small issue. When I connect the HDMI adapter (Apple Digital AV Adapter) to the New iPad, I get a message "This accessory is not supported".
It still works though if I dismiss the message, but the message pops up every time I connect it.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

I bought one when I bought the iPad 2012. Excuse me, the 3rd gen iPad. ;) I'll have to test this tonight, if she'll let me near it. But it sounds like a sw problem, not the hw.

Well, it looks like the Digital AV Adapter that Verizon sold me yesterday is an older model (part number MC953ZM/A)
For the new iPad we need a newer model which looks exactly the same, but the part number is MD098ZM/A.
I am heading back to Verizon to return this one...

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

The one I got is MD098ZM/A

I am curious though - when you are there, do they have iPad 2's on display with the 3? I seriously doubt it, but man, the side by side comparison really sells the 3.

They did at BestBuy and while I was there a lady was requesting a 2. Some people just need to save a hundred bucks. That's OK. I think the ipad2 is a really nice product for most people. If I were forced into it- I would pick an ipad2 32Gb over an ipad3 at 16Gb. But that's just me. Same price and more usability for my needs.

OK. I'm reading contradictory things on the net. Is the below true?

The wall charger & car charger for the iPhone 3, 3GS, 4 & 4S are all the same, and will also charge the 3rd gen iPad, but V-E-R-Y- slowly.

The wall charger for the 3rd gen iPad will charge the above iPhones, but no faster than the regular iPhone charger.

The 10W USB power adapter MC359LL/A Model A1357 sold as an accessory by Apple charges no faster nor slower than the one included with the 3rd gen iPad, and works with all iPhones, iPads and iPods (but at different charging rates).

There are some claims I've read that despite the package labeling, the iPad charger will damage an iPhone.

Thought I would post this SpeedtTest result. This is on a laptop connected to Verizon LTE via my new iPad serving as a Personal Hotspot. ;)

1839834013.png

Interesting that the download was faster on the iPad1 than the iPad2 both times. The iPad1 was slower overall with the Ping, upload, and opening the APPs. The iPad3 on 4G just blew the 1 and 2 out the door with not only network speed but connection and the opening APPs

And by the way, only now, with that LTE speed can I really appreciate how fast Satelliteguys really is! :up

A welcome to Apple world of planned obsolescence.

Illya- saw your post and immediately ran to the HT room to grab my HDMI adapter that worked great with my iPAD1 and plugged it into the ipad3 and the first thing I saw was a popup that said- "This accessory is not supported" Grrrr... I wonder if the new ones are out in the store. Another $39 back to Apple! :(
I just returned my adapter to the Verizon store. And no, they don't have the new version of it. Haven't even heard of it. I was the first one to point out the incompatibility. I guess I'll have to order it direct from Apple.

rockymtnhigh said:
If you do, it will pause them.

I had the same problem. I downloaded from iCloud and all apps were waiting. I tapped on each one and they began to load.

First Impressions of the "new" iPad[/QUOTE]

Nice review, thank you.

I'm really surprised that UPad does not work. I went to the iStore - last release October, no notes on iPad 3rd gen compatibility coming. From their site, I get:

After updating iOS 5, UPAD does not work normally.

In case you turn on the iPAD “Multitasking gesture” option, it can disturb the palm-rest function.
Please turn it off if you do not use it.
Also we are working on resolving this issue. Please wait a while.

Nice review, Rocky.

The SatelliteGuys app seems very nice compared to the Android version, but it won't let me into the happy and sad threads in the pub. Anybody else have that problem?

It will let me in if I set it to go to the first page of the thread rather than the first new post. That is pain.

Nice review, Rocky.

The SatelliteGuys app seems very nice compared to the Android version, but it won't let me into the happy and sad threads in the pub. Anybody else have that problem?

Not sure about that. Haven't had any problems with the app.

Glad you liked the review; I moved it to its own thread, rather than get lost in this almost 500-post thread. :)

I decided I wanted the protection of Apple Care +, so I called them and ordered it. You are supposed to go into an Apple Store to get it, but since I am 110 miles away from one, they had no problem selling it to me. The normal package is $79, but this was $99 and included damage protection. Maybe a waste, but good piece of mind.

Has anyone tried the Netflix or Blockbusteronline apps yet?

Just watched an HD movie on each and the video quality is stunning. The interface GUI must have been updated for Retina display on Netflix too because the sharpness and color really pops out at ya. Can't get over how sharp and intense the images are. Blockbuster streaming did suffer a little stutter and I tried it with both wifi and LTE. Netflix was like watching a Blu ray disk in my OPPO player.

Was at one of the local Targets today picking up things for the house and stopped by the electronics department to see what they had in stock for the iPad. They still had pretty much every carrier and every WiFi version of the new iPad available and not a single person in the electronics department buying any electronics.

Later we went to the mall and I stopped by the Apple store to see what they had. They were sold out of many of the new iPads and there were a lot of people inquiring about buying one, as well as a line to purchase Apple products. Keep in mind the mall is just down the street from the Target. Why in the heck would people wait in line, put iPads on order that our out of stock when they could just go to the Target and buy one instantly?

You would think that the Apple store would refer them to stores that still had some in stock.

Computer Controlled Satellite Positioner / DVR

Windows 7 boot up issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)