The NFL Blotter Report

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I thought that I could start this thread to discuss NFL player activities that result into high crimes & misdemeanors,& then we can just use the 2014 NFL thread to discuss.......football.

In regards to the Adrian Peterson situation

Ah the good ole days when we beat our women and children.

I'll tell you what if you think it's cool to hit a kid with a switch how'd you like it if you argued with your boss at work and he pulled out a branch at hit you with it? You'd be alright with that because you wouldn't argue again, right?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Spare the rod,spoil the brat. Show me a parent who does not spank his/her child,& I'll show you an unruly,undisciplined brat who is out of control,a potty mouth(with words that could cause a sailor to blush),& who curses their perents out,to their faces,at the most inopportune time(like in front of family & friends),& at the most inopportune places(like in crowded public areas such as the mall,movie theater,& grocery store). It's all the parent's fault if they do or do not discipline their children. If they don't,they're irresponsible,if they do,they're child abusers.

Absolutely no hitting here whatsoever. If the little guy does anything "wrong" like trying to flush mama's iPhone in the toilet...we calmly explain to him what he did was wrong. We never raise our voices either....never, not at home or anywhere else.

Reactions: Hart5150
Love the irony...about 100 years ago, beating one's "employee" w/ a stick was the norm. Society eventually came to its senses... fast forward this week, AP said its OK to "discipline" his son w/ a stick because thats the way he was raised.

I could write a best seller on the subject!

Reactions: Hart5150
Absolutely no hitting here whatsoever. If the little guy does anything "wrong" like trying to flush mama's iPhone in the toilet...we calmly explain to him what he did was wrong. We never raise our voices either....never, not at home or anywhere else.
Alot of it is cultural & what class(caste) in life you grew up in. In the south it is/was very common to get "whooped" by your parents.Their intentions were not to (actually) kill you,even though they threatened it. Dad pulling up his shirt so that you could see his leather belt did a lot back then to eliminate mischief on your part. Of course if you had a parent who over did it,hopefully it would have influenced you NOT to repeat the cycle. I remember getting paddled in school with a paddle that resembled a cricket bat. After the first "lick," you don't remember feeling the second or third one. Harsh yes,but you also didn't have the disciplinary problems in school that you have now,nor the need to call the police to come in & cart little Johnny away in hand cuffs for shooting spit wads. People complaining about the problems in school today because of lack of discipline at home,forget the very important fact today that if you actually try to discipline your child & "try to set them straight," you face potential child abuse charges. My father used a leather belt on me AND belts leave marks/welts. It's just a fact of life. Switches "tear into you," always have,always will. It sounds very harsh & cruel in today's politically correct "enlightened" society,but it worked. Fear works wonders in modifying behavior that can later on manifest itself into criminal behavior. I promise you,the police getting involved in school discipline today IS NOT ANY BETTER THAN paddling was back in the day.
Adrian Peterson may have been misguided & "overzealous" in his disciplining of his son,but I guarantee you he,believe it or not,did it out of love. Black fathers who are an active part of their children's lives,do "cruel" things like use a belt or a switch on their children,but their children grow up respectful & not in gangs. Their education level is a lot higher too. I promise you,your child will mouth off to you,at the most embarrassing time,& you'll find it very hard pressed to maintain your convictions. You'll definitely have to leave the room before you do something you regret.

Crisis after crisis threatens to undermine efforts to attract female fans...
Women are pro football’s most important demographic. Will they forgive the NFL?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ba8874-3a7f-11e4-9c9f-ebb47272e40e_story.html

We need to wussify the NFL for the sake of political correctness,(N.O.W.) women DEMAND IT. IMPOSE FLAG FOOTBALL RULES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But even that could be TOO VIOLENT.
They want to change the game ON FIELD for events that have happened OFF FIELD.

NFL HELL: VIKINGS star indicted in child injury case...
UPDATED: EXCLUSIVE Details On Adrian Peterson Indictment Charges
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

I will say that a child being hit by a stranger,which is what Adrian Peterson seems to be in this child's life,is a different story & I have A LOT of problems with that. When you get paddled in school,at least you know the person who is doing it,even if he/she is not related to you by blood. I don't know how close AP is to this boy,but he is not married to his mother. In my eyes,that makes him a stranger(who happens to claim to be the boy's father) in this boy's life. that's a whole 'nother can of worms that I just opened,but the boy lives with his mother in Minnesota. She has her way of discipling him. Suddenly he's in Texas with this "stranger" who suddenly takes a switch & "tears into him....",yeah that raises questions & even I'll say that Adrian Peterson was out of line.

Adrian Peterson is going to turn out to be more divisive among Americans than Ray Rice. I say that because you'll have a majority of Americans asking,"what did he do wrong?" "Spare the rod,spoil the brat" is the mantra in a lot of households. You'll hear more than once,"my parents did that to me when I was growing up." How's making spanking illegal working out for Sweden?

As far as am concern, beating a defenseless child is much worse than beating a grown women (who can either defend herself or run).
If the NFL doesnt come down hard on AP...then that front office is run by a bunch of hypocrites.

As far as am concern, beating a defenseless child is much worse than beating a grown women (who can either defend herself or run).
If the NFL doesnt come down hard on AP...then that front office is run by a bunch of hypocrites.
ESPN had an excellent discussion about this. All of the black panelists mentioned how their parents "beat them with switches & belts," & it made them better people for it,but........they would do it to THEIR children. They all to a man also said that if you draw blood whipping your child,that's not discipline,THAT'S ABUSE.

AP's an idiot. Claims he's remorseful and feels bad yet sports an arrogant grin on his mugshot. If i was in that position, id have a stone cold look.

Besides, you,'d think fir a man who already had a child die due to being abused, he'd be more sensitive on the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts