The Roku 4 is here!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well it has arrived. :)

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445630068.003894.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445630083.920875.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445630096.639079.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445630109.557466.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445630121.092374.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445630131.943682.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445630143.878615.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445630157.164864.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445630165.060259.jpg

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Hooked mine up to my 1080p projector before I put it on my Sammy Uhdtv.
Very fast indeed!
Even though YouTube is hd on my 1080p the 4K videos are really crisp and clear. I'll use this with a 4K projector or JVC e-shift eventually.

This has surpassed the 3 big time imo.

I hooked this up to my Sammy uhd and this thing started to sing 4K!!
Many have said that 4K resolution is the least important component of 4K. Not sure how it can get much better.
One thing. I do have a 10 bit panel but it read I had 4K only in the settings. There no 10 bit material out there but it's nice to know that Roku is looking to the future.

Last edited:
I like the fact roku keeps innovating & getting better. I may ask Santa for a roku 4. :)

Got mine today, too. I totally agree. Lightning quick. Update took no time at all. Makes the Amazon Fire look like a piece of garbage. Oh wait, it was. Even the UHD on Amazon was much easier to find than on the Fire. DD works on all providers that offer DD. Synced all of the apps that are on my ROKU2. Actually took longer to log on to my services than hook it up. Plus, the box didn't black out after exiting an UHD title like the Fire.

S~

This box does Amazon Video better than Amazon's own Fire TV Box.

The only thing missing from this box that I see is support for 3D oh and the remote does not come with a wrist strap like the Roku 3 did.

But playing with this box all night tonight and I think its now the best streamer out there.

I thought there was until I pulled them out of the plastic and they were earbuds :oops: Haven't had a single glitch all night.

S~

Some reviewers on amazon are complaining of a noisy fan. You guys that have them what do you think?

Some reviewers on amazon are complaining of a noisy fan. You guys that have them what do you think?

I also saw a lot of comments/complaints about fan noise on the Roku forums. Some say it's like a laptop fan, others say it is very noisy (some appear to possibly be defective).

Is this the only streaming box that has a fan? They made it so much larger, is that fan really needed? My concern would be that it's a part that can fail, leading to much shorter lifespan than the former models.

I don't know about the Roku 4 noise since I can't hear it over the fan in the Dish ViP722. ;) At any rate, it is easy enough to drown it out with a 2000 watt Emotiva XPR-5, 1400 watt Emotiva XPA-7, and the two DefTech towers rated at 1800 watts each for the sub section. I can drown out the B744 Heavies that fly over my house on occasion.

I did have a small snag trying to get the Roku 4 to work. It wouldn't display a signal when connected to the Denon AVR X7200WA. I had to connect directly to my 1080p TV and set the resolution to 1080p and then reconnect it to the Denon in order to get it to work. I'm guessing Roku was auto-sensing 4K because of the Denon and setting the resolution to that instead of 1080p for the TV. It has been a while since I had to do anything like that with anything I connected to a receiver, so it was surprising with Roku 4 when Roku 3 came right up.

Received my Roku 4 yesterday, do not have a 4K TV yet ( waiting for all the HDMI/HDR stuff to finish baking, remembering how I was burnt on two HD component only TV sets that will only work with a cable box).

Quick view point on the 4, damn fast on playing anything, hit play it is ready to go, had my Roku 3 ( that is going downstairs to replace my Roku stick) hooked up at the same time thru my receiver on the same TV input, the picture is better for some reason on Netflix ( using Jessica Jones playing at the same time on both the 3 and 4), a lot sharper, do not know why, on the 3 a little murky maybe, on the 4 super sharp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)