The Superstations have returned ...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

renegade734

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Metro Detroit
I have been a longtime subscriber to the five Superstations. The three Tribune-owned stations, KTLA/Los Angeles, KWGN/Denver and WPIX/New York disappeared with the onset of the Tribune retransmission dispute. I see the Tribune Superstations have been restored, however my local Tribune-owned Fox affiliate and WGN America have not.

Also, on my current Dish bill, there's a credit of $9 and some change for the Superstations.

Reactions: Tom Stein
It will probably only be temporary for me, though ... I am thinking about changing to the Flex Pack, and may lose my grandfathered status.

It will probably only be temporary for me, though ... I am thinking about changing to the Flex Pack, and may lose my grandfathered status.

Not necessarily if your willing to pay the extra 9.95 a month for the superstation package you already have

now only dish would make them in hd next i sure appreciate it very much :) james long has it on his website right now on the superstations,

I never understood why they were gone. Ther is np contract involved in broadcasting the superstations. I am gald to see then mack.

Reactions: RONZ
Never understood that either unless they use the analog feed to feed the superstations

Analog feed? What are you talking about? They have been digital since the 2009 transition OTA, and the analog feeds that were uplinked to the old Spacenet 3 and GE-3 are long long gone from C-Band.

Happy to have them back, I still get use out of them.

I wish the uplink report could be more automated or happen more at the time the changes are made.

Analog feed? What are you talking about? They have been digital since the 2009 transition OTA, and the analog feeds that were uplinked to the old Spacenet 3 and GE-3 are long long gone from C-Band.

Their sure not HD in my book. Non HD = analog as far I am concern

Their sure not HD in my book. Non HD = analog as far I am concern

I think you mean SD or standard definition, which is 480i. There is a big difference in something that is transmitted in an analog format and something that is standard definition. As a matter of fact for years Japan had a high definition television format that was analog, called MUSE. If you think just because something was "analog" it can't look good, you must have never had a TVRO system. Back in the day, you could find no better looking picture than HBO on Galaxy 15 transponder 15 on a good well calibrated CRT or even projection television.

Not necessarily if your willing to pay the extra 9.95 a month for the superstation package you already have

It's $7 not $9.95. I wouldn't say for certain you won't lose the Supers, I'm not sure anyone maybe even including DIRT can tell for sure till someone does it. Getting the Flex Pack appears to be a different a system than getting the current packages witnessed by some needing a new card to get it.

Last edited:
Maybe DISH should start having the Supers again, a market like mine who doesn't have the CW because of the dispute would get it unless it is a Super market. It may be SD but I can watch the two or three shows I do like.

It's $7 not $9.95. I wouldn't say for certain you won't lose the Supers, I'm not sure anyone maybe even including DIRT can tell for sure till someone does it. Getting the Flex Pack appears to be a different a system than getting the current packages witnessed by some needing a new card to get it.

In a commercial account that I manage, last year we were required to upgrade to the new cards in order to get the top 200 plus sports. We did that and still retained the superstation package. However 4 months later the package was dropped from commercial accounts. WPIX is still their for the CW

Well at least that lends some hope you would retain the Supers, in the case of the commercial account it sounds like they just decided to end offering them nothing to do with the card change.

Reactions: RONZ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)