TIVO Roamio OTA on 48 hour sale

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
The TIVO Roamio OTA is on sale today and tomorrow for $299 with lifetime service included.

I am aware that some can build a cheaper system out of spare parts, but this is aimed at the less technical user. Plug it in, make 1 phone call and it works well.

Note that this is the OTA model and will only work with an antenna. No cable or satellite systems support.

The TIVO Roamio OTA is on sale today and tomorrow for $299 with lifetime service included.

I am aware that some can build a cheaper system out of spare parts, but this is aimed at the less technical user. Plug it in, make 1 phone call and it works well.

Note that this is the OTA model and will only work with an antenna. No cable or satellite systems support.

Actually, it's just a Roamio Basic with the cable card connector pulled out. Over on Tivo Community, they figured out where to buy the pcmcia cable card connector and how to install it. Then you can also use the OTA model for cable!

Just bought a DVR+ for about that. But IT WORKS without an Internet connection, or a sporadic one, using PSIP.

TiVOs require Internet, no?

Just bought a DVR+ for about that. But IT WORKS without an Internet connection, or a sporadic one, using PSIP.

TiVOs require Internet, no?

Yes. TiVo needs to connect to servers to update guide data at least once every 7-10 days. It does a daily connection to update of it has constant internet access.

If I didn't have internet at the lake I was going to get a dvr+, but I had internet and the dvr+ was still buggy 2 years ago when I bought.

I just bought one wholesale for $309 from my TIVO distributor.

I can get the Bolts pretty cheap, but apparently everyone has a better deal on the OTA :(

I got s deal going on with Comcast if you sign up for the triple play I can do the bolt plus for $350 when you sign up for a new account.

I have a mini. It is great as a second unit for the bedroom. Has all the features, just shares HD space with the main unit and steals a tuner from it.

The problem with the BOLT is that they really jacked up lifetime service cost a year or so ago. Note that the sale was with lifetime.

$299 deal is back on Amazon for the 1TB OTA Roamio, (Lifetime included)
Note it says out of home streaming not available. Not quite true. Tivo no longer sells the Streamer device but they are available on Ebay often used. The probably more important Tivo Mini is readily available.

Reactions: dfergie
Rumor has it that the 500GB Tivo Roamio is going on sale on Cyber Monday direct from tivo.com for $199.99 including Lifetime (All-In) service.

These can be upgraded to a 3TB drive by simply dropping in a new drive. They can also be upgraded to MUCH larger drives by running a special software on the drive first. Details at http://tivocommunity.com/

Reactions: osu1991 and Tampa8
There will be very limited quantities of the 500gb Roamio OTA, if interested I would grab the 1Tb version now and cancel/return the order if you happen to get one of the 500gb models

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)