TNT HD Got it right!!

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are showing "We Were Soldiers" in proper perspective and the quality looks decent. And the audio is spot on.

Going to bed. I bet I wake up to reports of hell freezing over when I get on line tomorrow morning.

Rocording it just to b sure.

I avoid watching TNT...

because of all that garbage they constantly run on the bottom of the screen. Why don't they just start advertising 24/7?

Yes they butchered it and they don't even have to. The FCC regs don't apply to the channel.

Even if they left it alone, the ads kill any interest from me, I can't stand having the movie interrupted, and always at the wrong time...

The Company looked good last night and the first hour was commercial free!

Even if they left it alone, the ads kill

The Company looked good last night and the first hour was commercial free!
Did it seem like the audio was out of sync from time to time? I watched it recorded. I noticed it especially during the first 5 minutes or so.

Did it seem like the audio was out of sync from time to time? I watched it recorded. I noticed it especially during the first 5 minutes or so.

I was watching recorded as well - have to watch the last hour tonite as I stopped it at the first commercial.

I thought for a moment that the sync problem was there but I focused on it for a minute and didn't ever notice it again.

Even if they left it alone, the ads kill any interest from me, I can't stand having the movie interrupted, and always at the wrong time...
Yeah, I can't stand to watch a movie on TV (with commercials) if I own the DVD. Unless we record it or leave it paused long enough to build the buffer up so commercials can be skipped, I'll pass.

The FCC regs don't apply to the channel.
While not under the same scrutiny as broadcast network TV, there are "standards" that must be observed to keep the channel in the standard tier.

Up until recently, my local CATV company only offered adult channels between 10pm and 6 am even though the channels were always scrambled. Cartoon Network's Adult Swim is another example of latenight only programming.

Ok, so I watched The Closer and finished watching The Company last night and I had no audio lag problems. PQ looked pretty good over my projector too.

If the quality was good, which includes not being stretched, and they didn't edit for time, then at least I wouldn't mind recording some stuff off of TNT HD. As it is, I almost never record anything off of that channel.

Have you noticed how they vary the length of their commercial breaks during a movie? Early on in the movie there are longer segments without commercials and the commercial breaks are shorter. Then in the 2nd half of a movie, the commercial breaks come more frequently and are longer.

They get you hooked into the movie, and then nail you with the advertisers... good marketing ploy if you ask me... sucks for viewers, but a good plan to get you to see the ads.

Same ol story. Way back in the days when network TV had its Sunday night movies etc etc they wouldnt have a commercial break at all during the first half hour. Then one or two in the next. And so on. Then... when it gets some time after 10 there would be long commercial breaks every 10 minutes. They figure people arent going to give up on it by then. Aint no way they are going to take away DVR fast forward buttons.

Yes, it was out of sync.

I tried to watch The Company, but could not get into it. Deleted the DVR and timer.

But it "looked" good inspite of the audio.

Yes, it was out of sync.

I tried to watch The Company, but could not get into it. Deleted the DVR and timer.

But it "looked" good inspite of the audio.

You had audio problems? Weird...

I read a book years ago that talked about the spies in MI-6 and the CIA. It was a good read so this show brings back memories of that. Otherwise, the build-up it received i was really expecting something that they are not delivering. If I had not read that book, the lack of substance in the story would not keep my attention either.

I watched 300 last night as well. It was a simple story and I'm glad I didn't go to the theater to see it. My home theater was enough for me to enjoy the story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts