Tom Petty Radio on Sirius FM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Tom Petty channel is not carried by Dish.... It is one of those that come and go so Dish doesn't carry any of those.

what i heard that this is a permanant channel not a part time channel if dish can pick this channel it is up to them

Not really different from Radio Margaritaville, Grateful Dead channel or Pearl Jam Radio channel so I don't understand why not.
Because there is already Radio Margaritaville, Pearl Jam Radio, and the Grateful Dead Radio... If it is really close to those, then why add a 4th?? Just like the folks that want Accuweather in addition to WeatherNation and TWC.

Same can be said about Howard Stern...

Stern is not carried for very different reasons. You will notice no talk shows are carried by DISH likely SiriusXM does not want them to be carried or they can not be by contract. I can't imagine SiriusXM wants Stern anywhere but on their own systems. As Bobby said those that come and go seem to never be carried by DISH, it's possible Petty will be permanent like Elvis, which is carried by DISH. If so maybe DISH would carry it eventually.

The Tom Petty channel is not carried by Dish.... It is one of those that come and go so Dish doesn't carry any of those.

Because there is already Radio Margaritaville, Pearl Jam Radio, and the Grateful Dead Radio... If it is really close to those, then why add a 4th?? Just like the folks that want Accuweather in addition to WeatherNation and TWC.
Well I wouldn't know if they are the same since I don't get it. From what I understand it's not costing Dish any extra so why not?

Well I wouldn't know if they are the same since I don't get it. From what I understand it's not costing Dish any extra so why not?
if you would like to get it send dish a request remember you can only request it only on once since dish only records your request only once.

It would be a request, not a guarantee. They do take channel requests, but it may take years for anything to develop, if anything.

It would be a request, not a guarantee. They do take channel requests, but it may take years for anything to develop, if anything.
who knows when or when it could be added.remember dish only records your request only once.so do not try to make multiple requests of the same thing t wont work.

My question to the OP, when did Sirius get on FM? All joking aside, just as to which others have alluded, it is all contract based. Dish's contract is for the current lineup from SiriusXM that it has. Dish does not get to add any music channel when they launch.

Not to get to off topic, but IMO there should be a Clapton channel on sirius/xm if they are going to all have the others that they do. He has a HUGE catalog with all the bands he has been a part of over the years and exposed musical genres to millions they would otherwise be ignorant to.

In a perfect world Buddy Guy would have a channel for a million different reasons, and is truly the last of his generation (can't think of the right word now) and has influenced anyone worth a f..k who ever picked up a electric guitar in the last 50 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts