Tonight On Satellite Nation -- Bob Heil!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Don't forget guys to tune into tonight at 8PM EDT. We have Bob Heil of Heil Sound and it is one great interview. This is well worth a listen and right here on SatelliteGuys Radio. You don't want to miss this one!!
Click here for full details!

Listening now through iTunes stream. I think now that I've added it to iTunes, I should be able to listen to the SatelliteGuys Radio Stream on my iPhone.

Yes you should be good to go now, for everything that is on SatelliteGuys Radio. :)

Such an interesting interview. Was great hearing him talk about many of the Satellite Pioneers as I have been lucky enough to meet and talk with most of the people he mentioned. I would love to hear Mr Heil and Joe Walsh on the Ham Radio. :D

Last edited:
Anybody going to order a PR40?

If I were looking for a voice microphone, that seems to be the one to go with. The new headset sounds interesting, though.

Here's the link to the Triangulation interview with Bob Heil hosted by Leo Laporte and Tom Merritt: http://twit.tv/show/triangulation/8

Great episode well done Michael!
Thanks!!
I love talking to Bob Heil. One night it hit why have I not asked him to be on the show. I emailed him that night and got a response in about an hour saying he would love too. :)
If you guys that are hams tune in, in the mornings on or around 3870 on AM, you will find him most mornings.
His call again in case you missed it is K9EID.

Anybody going to order a PR40?

If I were looking for a voice microphone, that seems to be the one to go with. The new headset sounds interesting, though.

I don't personally have that Microphone, but I have a couple ham buddies that do and man you sure can hear a difference when they do an A-B test. Difference is Night and Day over Kenwood or Yaesu Desk mics.

If anybody missed it don't forget we have show archives.
Go here to listen: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/satellite-nation-september-24-2014-archive-bob-heil.342231/

Thank goodness for the archives, could not get to a computer in time for the live show. It was a good one!!. If I remember correctly, there was a Heil SCPC receiver for back in the old days of analog audio distribution to radio stations and international telephone traffic over satellite. It used the baseband video or the
70MHz if loop output from the receiver if memory serves me well.

Yes it was the Heil SC-One I believe.

I don't personally have that Microphone, but I have a couple ham buddies that do and man you sure can hear a difference when they do an A-B test. Difference is Night and Day over Kenwood or Yaesu Desk mics.
If you watch the Triangulation interview with Bob Heil, starting at the 32:30 mark he talks about his design philosophy and demos the PR40's 40 dB rear rejection. Impressive!

Yep I watched it right after, I recorded the interview. Triangulation #8 is well worth a watch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)